CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

need more top end !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need more top end !!

No you had him really shocked at that one Keith. Pretty bad when your compitition drops thier passenger and still loses to you riding double [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

Man I cant think of anything better - Your girl hanging on to you for dear life and winning a drag race at the same time!

Old 11-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Oh man!!! I agree with that Marky

Old 11-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

Re: TopEnd
Hi Bone1208,
I know what you mean man, right when the DS just seems to be getting into it the damm rev limiter kicks in. : - ( even on the 04 models where they extended a whole whopping 200 rpm !
I like you only wanted to moddify the external components on my bike leave the the engin case intact untill I have to open her up.... that's when my savings account will be tapped into, can you say Big Bore 730 kit.
But it seems to me that you need the bike to breath more and rev slightly higher and slightly stronger.
I swapped out my the following items
CDI, Exhaust to the full RW pipe, removed my air box entirely, run the K&N filter, upgraded to the larger TM45Carb and Ported the intake to match so she is breathing betterIN and OUT and man the upgrades made quite a bit of difference especially on the TOP end as the RW exhauset is designed for mid to top end perf. gains. This is where I needed it and definately got it. : - )
I primarily ride Dunes so exhaust noise was not a problem for me. I also dropped a total of 45lbs of weight off both me and the bike and every little bit helps they say. The hard part was ponying up for the Dyno tuning... but it paid off in the end and I gaind like 14 horse total over the stock power ratings of the DS.
These mods worked great for me and several others on theis forum. I had a great time this last weekend at GLAMIS riding while the rest in my group on Banchees got beat up and tired trying to keep up with me...
I highly reccomend the MODS [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

10 lbs =1 hp

thats what they tell me :]

Old 11-05-2005, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Man I cant think of anything better - Your girl hanging on to you for dear life and winning a drag race at the same time!
Nothin better man, I am a little ashamed though..................... naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!