CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

went to buy outy 800 today

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 12:39 PM
sam
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went to buy outy 800 today

For the whole tail exhaust I used a chevy orange 1200 deg. pain 500Deg will burn off. also you need to sand blast the whole tail or else it will not bond to the metal and it will turn brown. I maid that mistake all ready. the motor paint that I used to paint the letters is just a good enamle paint. from the hardware. if your going to paint the whole motor, I would sand it good and use a good quality enamle paint.

The outty is a great choice I dont think you can go wrong w/ it, at least for as much as one pays for the beast it better be excelent!

Old 11-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Location: South Central Illinois, NO where near Chicago, that's not my Illinois

The Outy is in my garage right now.
I picked it up Friday at noon, I told the dealer I wanted an un-rode model and that's what I got. I actually had to sit and wait for them to take it out of the crate and get it ready to go. I purchased the standard model and after two hard days of riding am extremely pleased. I don't like brush guards, the stock tires are already too agressive for my liking, and let some other sucker be the guy always having to jerk around with a winch. I had a winch (warn 2500) on two other quads I owned and have since swore them off, heck I never used it for me it was always to get someone else out of a jamb, just a pain in the ars.
The stock tires on it are already a challenge to break loose, I can't wait until I get a little ware on them the hook up incredible well and are a real challenge to power slide around a corner. This is just my opinion, I don't stay clear of the muck, I'm usally the first guy in river, and the last guy out but, when I'm crusing throught the woods I like to yank and bank and zip down the trail. All the stuff on the XT is just added weight and eye candy (speaking for myself), except may be the front bumber I could see that being handy.

Enough of that; what I like about the quad, it's AWSOME, great power, plush ride, starts easy, etc, etc.
It will be simpler to tell what I don't like:
- Gear selecter - It can be a little difficult to put into gear or take from forward to reverse, especially if your on any type of terrain that puts a small load on the trainy (like a hill, log, large bump, etc).
- Air filter - Good design, I think it will keep the air clean; but if you want to check it or change it or check for water it's the most difficult one to get into of any quad I've ever owned and I've owned several.

We (my kids rode it more then I did) put 60 miles and 9 hours on it. I could rattle on about how incredible this thing is for a long time but I wont. If anyone has any specific questions let me know.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer

try sak recreation in clevland ohio. ask for steve he will ship or you can pick it up. i went out there and picked up 2 red xts for $8,900.00 each. Rich in nj.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

Chirochris sorry dude i actully paid 8600.00 otd but i didnt have to pay sales tax becouse of my powersports buisness and i had mine the second week in july he he. It was the only one in the northeast it was the xt yellow i really didnt want the xt version due to the weight since i race & do atv pulls with it so know i have to take off all that stuff.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Trailblazer

Also chris if you want to make a drive to northern maine i might beable to hook you up on a basic model for 7,700.00 + tax or even if you want to meet me in n.h i'll be going down that way here shortly i'll have the bomb. dealer bring it to me and i'll bring it down.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

i was looking to finance it, is there some way i could do that or does your business take a cc, i can put it on that

i can give 2000 cash and rest on cc...how far are you from nyc area..

just trying to figuire away, any suggestions

will i still have the warranty?

Old 11-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

Chris i talked to the dealer today if you dont use your credit card he'll sell it to you for 7,700.00 otd he also has a demo model he would sell you for 7400 otd with 200 miles on it. And yes you still get the 3 year warr. from n.y to northern maine your looking at a 10-12 hour drive if you meet me in n.h when i go down it's only like 3-4 hours. The best thing to do if you want to finance go threw one of your banks that you deal with.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

man,this is killing me...thats alot of cash----when are you coming to nh....

i need to put some on the cc, do you take cc at your business

how about i send you 2000 cash and rest on cc....i will pay you first so you can trust me...over night you the money and give you the cc # over phone...so it will process and you can pull out the money and pay the dude

7700 is a great deal....in yellow please! even if i find one here it will still be alot..how do you get that deal

Old 11-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

rich sent you a pm..take a look

Old 11-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer

Chris the dealer told me that was the price without using your cc. Thats becouse he's cutting the #'s tight give him a call at 1-207-834-607 he's name is frank just tell him Mike from dick's sent you it might be a 100.00 to 200.00 more if you use your card but he does take cc you can send him the money then he'll give me the bike to bring down to n.h which i'll be going down like monday or tuesday just let me know.

Quick Reply: went to buy outy 800 today