CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

EBAY fake listings

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY fake listings

well, the thieves got into my ebay account and did a fake listing for a YZF. The live help people recommended that anytime we spot fake listings to contact them via this link: Ebay security contact I'm really tired of these a$$holes pulling this crap, trying to rip us off.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

i think my busa ebay listing ran 2 or 3 different times by scammers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] every time i reported it and they just ran it thru a different name again and again. but really most of these guys are easy to spot showing there adress over sea's ect.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something really needs to get done about the scammers. All they are a headache, these people need to be punished, to the fullest extent of the law. But they are very sneaky people. It is very hard to trust people now days.. (my two cents)

Old 12-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

You might want to pick up a third party auction monitor that is approved by Ebay. Run it in the background and you can watch all your auctions. Only one I know of off hand is NabIT. It's freeware and you can monitor if there are changes in your bidding structure. I mean, it won't stop some jackass from posting a false bid, but if someone manages to get into your account you'll know right away. Those progs usually have pretty handy features for security and/or bidding in general.

Anyway, that's a pretty dirty tactic for someone to use and one of the reasons I'm hesitant to drop my CC number anywhere else. Hope it helps.

Old 12-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 4Weelz
You might want to pick up a third party auction monitor that is approved by Ebay. Run it in the background and you can watch all your auctions. Only one I know of off hand is NabIT. It's freeware and you can monitor if there are changes in your bidding structure. I mean, it won't stop some jackass from posting a false bid, but if someone manages to get into your account you'll know right away. Those progs usually have pretty handy features for security and/or bidding in general.

Anyway, that's a pretty dirty tactic for someone to use and one of the reasons I'm hesitant to drop my CC number anywhere else. Hope it helps.

What makes this just not another way for someone to scam your ebay account or CC #'s?

Old 12-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Because it's a registered Ebay affiliate program, and it doesn't require your CC unless you're making external proxy bids, in which case it operates based on the information you've already submitted to Ebay.

Old 12-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Speaking of eBay listings, what happened with JEFFROE's 730? I was waiting on the children to get done playing and then hop on with a serious bid. Now it looks like it was ended early, at a much lower bid than I know a couple of people were going to place. Gotta look elsewhere for my sons Christmas present now. He said that was his dream machine. And that he might have let me ride it some too!

Old 12-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

I think my DS was on there about 10 times.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Range Rover

What's a CC #? If my DS doesn't get any offers locally or through the boards I was thinking about putting mine on Ebay but now you guys have my ears perked up.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Speaking of eBay listings, what happened with JEFFROE's 730?
My son bought it and I get to ride it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I am still trying to figure out why Jeffroe sold it and at the price. This machine is a first class piece of work. Now my son wants to turbo it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] We were at Glamis over Turkey weekend and this quad was in its element. What a blast.. Make my poor old DS feel like a Raptor or something.

Quick Reply: EBAY fake listings