CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Conversion pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conversion pics

Originally posted by: aceisback
Originally posted by: sammydogs64
Do you always race without a helmet, must have nothing worth keeping up there
If that's all you have to offer was it even worth chiming in with. Could've offered helmet pros and cons and not made it personal. He does look like a grown man capable of making his own decisions. Now if he had pictures of his children, letting them ride without a helmet...

No I dont always race without a helmet, I Always wear one when riding/Duning. YES, I sometimes due the stupid thing and race without it. I am a grown man , and Yes, it is my decision. I do however prefer to ride/race with a helmet, it makes for a more enjoyable day of riding, but On that particular day I was caught up in the Racing,and sometimes like to listen to my motor and make sure it sounds like its tuned right.

Absolutely, the kids should 100% be wearing thier protection at all times, if my 7 year old whines that she is uncomfortable with her helmet on, then she cannot go riding period!!

Thanks for the compliments guys, I think I found the culprit to my electrical problems![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] On the 954 you MUST have the factory key switch. on the 929 and 1000 you can hot-wire or use another key switch(like the DS switch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]) but in the 954 thier is a pink wire that required voltage for the ECM to release the"ok" signal. But the voltage is not 12V like I was told, the factory Key switch send a lower voltage to the ECM vai the pink wire. This information is not in the Honda sevice manual, nor is common knowlege in the industry. My buddy who has been a Certified Honda mechanic for 8 years,and loves sport bikes didn't even know this. He ended up calling Japan,and talking to Honda directly. They clued him in on the "secret" and he is 99% sure this is my problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I 'm searching Ebay right now for a 954 key switch, none yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] but I am sure their will be one soon. I'm getting exited all over again!! and if it does work out, I may be planning a trip to Glamis to break her in right!!

Bigger.

Old 11-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Conversion pics

I had a similar problem with mine, the schematics in the manual were incorrect with respect to the connections thru the key and it took the help of Kelly at KMS on the phone with me to finally figure it out- he's a good guy! hope you solve your problem soon, it'll put a healthy grin on your face the first time you hear it run [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] good luck,

many of the newer bikes have anti-theft devises designed into the ignition and ECM and most mechanics don't know how to get around them.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default Conversion pics

aceisback I am sorry, I didn't know you were the moderator and therefore dictated policy