CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Forum Speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum Speed

Wow, that sounds tempting. Yes, but don't have any time left over these days. I currently have 3 websites I am building rightnow, and that is not even my day job [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Speed

Yeah it is faster than earlier but it still seems slower, but I didn't set my wireless network up secure and I think I've got squatters. I took the computer that I set it up on off the network and gave it to my daughter (don't want her having internet access)

Old 11-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Speed

I just checked and I can cruise the rest of the web at normal speed, but this is still slow. I like the new set up too, and it's better on the right. I don't know if it's cause of the slow speed or what, but the sponsored ads are just white space. They don't have a title or change to a pointy hand when I hover over them either so it's not just the pic not loading.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Speed

Sparky8370,

Are you running an Ad blocker.

There is nothing going on that should make these forums slow. In fact, the longer you surf here today the faster they should get with the new cacheing I installed.

Are you surfing with Interent Explorer or Firefox? How fast is your PC and how fast is your internet connection?

Old 11-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Speed

Originally posted by: dbeck
Sparky8370,

Are you running an Ad blocker.

There is nothing going on that should make these forums slow. In fact, the longer you surf here today the faster they should get with the new cacheing I installed.

Are you surfing with Interent Explorer or Firefox? How fast is your PC and how fast is your internet connection?
Well I do have some pop up blockers, a couple adaware type things, and privacy service. Since I added the aluria adaware thing my speed on start up is really slow, and when I open outlook it says I've gotta insert the disc as if I was installing it for the first time. Then I gotta click cancel and it starts up. Once everything "settles in" I can cruise at normal speed, but it takes 3 times as long to start up and when I shut down most of the time it says that the aluria program is not responding and I gotta click "end now" otherwise if I don't notice my computer will stay on and run the battery dead.

I'm running ie6 and I have a cable modem with a wireless network. I don't know how fast it is, it's got a 80g hard drive. It was amazingly fast when I first got it.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Speed

I think I found it:
processor: 1400 MHz 1.490 GHz 384 MB of RAM

Oh yeah, I get the ads at the top and bottom of the page though. Sometimes when my computer gets hot on my lap, it doesn't show everything it's supposed to and gets really slow. But it's not really slow else where like I said. I'm sorry I couldn't give you more information, I know it would help to find conflicts with certain software or whatever but I'm definetely no computer genius and usually get things right by accident, like when I fixed our desktop in half an hour after the computer guy from my father in laws office worked on it for 4 hours!

Old 11-20-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Speed

Go to http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ and download firefox and use it. It is WAY, WAY faster than microsoft Internet exlporer. It has better security and the tabbed browsing feature is awesome. Trust me. Pages will load in 1/3 of the time it takes IE.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Speed

pretty fast over here, and i do use firefox

Old 11-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Speed

Yeah, I just downloaded it and it's way faster.
Thanks dbeck

Old 11-21-2005, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Speed

i tried using firefox b4, but for some reason it didn't like my cd burnin program, i could never burn a cd with firefox installed on my comp, i uninstalled it then it worked fine, any idea why it would cause this?

Quick Reply: Forum Speed