CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Has anyone had problems with DS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2000, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,
I was asking myself if someone had ever broke or bent A-Arms or axle or swingarm...or whatever on their DS?
I can't remember about reading about this here.
Maybe the added weight is strength? Or I'm wrong?
If it's tough, maybe I could trade my banshee for a DS?

Old 11-01-2000, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

A BANSHEE WITH A TRAILER HITCH? WHAT R U THINKIN MAN!!!!!! THAT POOR POOR BIKE!

Old 11-01-2000, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

BYE BYE clutch and transmission. What are you hauling.

Old 11-01-2000, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

ahah!
Everyone is curious about it!!
Check the pics on the site.
As you'll see, it's not very tough, but at least, I can take my trailers from a place to another without wrecking my back (you probably know how heavy a 2 sled trailer is).
When I put it on, we were going to the forest at the end of the street and back to put trees in the garden. It was simple and costless.
I have to be very careful tough with what I pull. For example, now the 4x8 trailer is full of gravel (1 ton)...I won't try to move it.
It's just the most useless and cheapest way to have a different banshee!! hehe.

Old 11-01-2000, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Forgot to say. I don't haul stuff every day (actually, it's quite a while I haven't pulled anything)

Old 11-01-2000, 07:35 PM
Range Rover

Is your banshee a 98' with 97' plastics? Cause i thought the only colors the 98's came in was gray and yellow, and blue and white....? Also, what are those pipes you have on it? Those silencers look like Dynoports 2 into 1 silencer. Later all, Kenny

Old 11-01-2000, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

The only thing I have bent is the steering stem & stock H-bars, I rolled at about 35-40m.p.h.{ was powersliding around a wet track} everything OK few scratches on plastic & sore knee thank god I was wearing 100% protective gear& got the hell out its way.Trust me the DS it is a very TUFF machine extra weight= extra strenght.

Old 11-01-2000, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

It's supposed to be a 98. I don't think plastics have been changed (I will probably do it for a full yellow or full red).
Yellow/gray? That sounds a bit weird.
You recognize those pipes?!?
I got this machine used in july, and didn't think about asking the guy what brand they were.
But it's not a 2 into 1. It's 2/2. They sound real good, but are very fragile (broke the silencer on the "big" jump) since there are no brackets. It only holds by the silencer (for the silencer part), and the big part of the pipe (sorry I don't know the real word for that part) is held normally.
I'm taking them off ths weekend, so I'll post some pics on the site. Check it out if you can recognize them.

Old 11-02-2000, 12:46 AM
Range Rover

Yes, Yellow and gray. The feinders are all gray and the peices where the gas tank is yellow. Those are 98' colors. I will almost promise you that, that is a 97'. For the pipes...I can tell it had two pipes but the silencers are just like the motofasts silencers. Nice pics. Later all, Kenny

Old 11-04-2000, 11:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

hay guys I to was wondering about the durability and reliability of the DS.Iam considreing buying one but would like a 1ST hand owners opion and to know about any problems major or minor.also I was to that a KN filtr would take care of the dead spot on bottom end at idle take off and is there any reason to do away with the rev limiter due to hitting it alot?

Quick Reply: Has anyone had problems with DS?