CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

Finally a VS thread that is interesting!!!

Short and simple, Ill let Bigdaddy elabooooorate.

My stock bore stage 2 with lectron 48mm, port job on the dyno running all motor- 57.5hp

I tried to make a needle change and the #s went lower. I knew what she needed so I didnt try to fine tune the power jet cause we didnt have the time. Im sure I could have squeezed a few more out by fropping my PJ from a 130 to 100pj. Oh well, Maybe another day.

Bigdaddy put his bike on the dyno, Hes runnin a hpr 730 jug superlight piston 13.5 comp hpr3 cams w/ (his own) port job and valve springs with lectron 48 duall PJ. His first run was about 54-55 hp BEFORE TUNING.

He tuned the beast and he got 56.5 HP on all motor after dialed in.

Bigdaddy 730 on nos got 75hp.

BTW- When we first looked at out initial runs our power curve was very close. I was 1 HP higher (in the end) than BIG. BUT he had 1 more ft LB torq.

SO, I will be tinkering some more and I will hit the dyno again. I think I know what it needs. This dyno gets 32 hp from a stock yfz. And probably 33-34 from a stock ds. These are only numbers but it shows you what can be done, My motor is timed and set up for alky, So I will be testing some more.

If anyone needs a dyno in vegas with great hands on customer service you can get ahold of Quad Mania, Very reasonable.

Old 12-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Interesting.....very interesting, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Scott, Your still making more hp than me and 200lbs lighter.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Id better get to work before you come out!!

Old 12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
amd
Pro Rider

You guys use a car dyno dont you annihilater?. I would have to say those numbers are pretty conservative compared to other dynos. Interesting comparison for sure. I have seen that motor you have run and I would say it makes a little more power then 57 horse peak. what kind of power and toque did it average?

Old 12-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: amd
You guys use a car dyno dont you annihilater?. I would have to say those numbers are pretty conservative compared to other dynos. Interesting comparison for sure. I have seen that motor you have run and I would say it makes a little more power then 57 horse peak. what kind of power and toque did it average?
This was an atv dyno

Sorry I left that out, My torq was 46.4 and BIgs was 47.3

Any bike thats making big hp will show lower #s down here. This dyno is about the same as the diesle dyno we used before. It read lower I guess. I wish I would have had more time to make more adjustmenst then a needle turn. BD got to tinker with his PJ and needle and came out with better results.

I just think other dynos read higher. NOTE- we ran heavy desert tires NOT slicks, But I looked closely and the dyno wasnt slipping on the tires..

Old 12-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Scott, Your still making more hp than me and 200lbs lighter.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Id better get to work before you come out!!

If you dont get to do anymore adjusting....dont worry about it....I'll just ride your bike, LOL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

that is crazy HMMMMM[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

thank you for the info mario!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL, Dont let the #s fool ya hehe. This motor I got is a runner (even on gasoline) SO is Bigdaddys!!!But I need a new cam chain, This one is stretched like a rubber band, And I need some valve springs and some more, alot more PJ tuning and needle adjustments. Also, I am going to re do the timing JUST for testing purposes. Im not sayin it will run better than it does now, But who knows. Im getting lighter parts all the time so that will help too. The huy said a 490cc alky drag banshee got about 70hp. But it all depends what gear you run it in. He said that 5 gear makes more hp. I told him just to run them in 4th.

Im not saying the changes that I need to make will make more power, But it will prolong the life of the motor.

I can say I think my old 720 motor made GREAT power when it was fresh the first year I had it. 68 hp and 60ft lb torq.

I still think biggersbetter and ds mike did a great job on this stage 2.

One think I didnt check was who was revving faster.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:30 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Just goes to show you what you can do with alot of time and a dyno. You might have been able to get a few more horses out of a day of tuning.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: amd
Just goes to show you what you can do with alot of time and a dyno. You might have been able to get a few more horses out of a day of tuning.

Bigdaddy only made 9 passes, I think I made 5-6. But I didnt change anything I leaned the needle out, It lost a few ponies and they ripped it off the dyno. I havnt EVER dynoed my new stock bore OR tuned it. I just bolted it in and went to watch my pilot ride it at the dunes. My back is too fowld up for me to hit whoops and ride hard.

Quick Reply: Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno