CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Originally posted by: Sandaholic
The 730 was just what i needed and was worth every $$$.

Is it right for you though? You can get more HP for a simple NOS for less $$$ then the 730, but does that fit your ridding style? Or maybe a high strung stock bore would be better for you.

Where do you want your power? What kind of ridding do you do?

The great thing about HPR is that you draw them a power curve and they will build you a motor to match it.
Sandaholic,

Remember that you can tune nitrous from 5-25hp boost - or even more if you want. And, CERTAIN nitrous kits work everywhere when shifting, off idle, drags and yes, even trails. Like I tell people all the time, N20 is simply an oxydizer - Add extra fuel and you get the same effect of a big bore. This concept of adding air and fuel prevails with bigger carbs, bigger intakes, and yes, bigger bores. Im not dissing the 730 its a darn good kit, and a tribute to the engineering of Eric. But when you combine nitrous and a big bore ...... well, just ask Scatterbrain! Dyno tested, massive HP numbers.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Originally posted by: Sandaholic
The 730 was just what i needed and was worth every $$$.

Is it right for you though? You can get more HP for a simple NOS for less $$$ then the 730, but does that fit your ridding style? Or maybe a high strung stock bore would be better for you.

Where do you want your power? What kind of ridding do you do?

The great thing about HPR is that you draw them a power curve and they will build you a motor to match it.
Sandaholic,

Remember that you can tune nitrous from 5-25hp boost - or even more if you want. And, CERTAIN nitrous kits work everywhere when shifting, off idle, drags and yes, even trails. Like I tell people all the time, N20 is simply an oxydizer - Add extra fuel and you get the same effect of a big bore. This concept of adding air and fuel prevails with bigger carbs, bigger intakes, and yes, bigger bores. Im not dissing the 730 its a darn good kit, and a tribute to the engineering of Eric. But when you combine nitrous and a big bore ...... well, just ask Scatterbrain! Dyno tested, massive HP numbers.

And Scatterbrain's bike flat screams. I rode it without the Nos, and it is smooth and just goes fast. Works for me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: H
Originally posted by: choosetolose04
I really think you need to read the HPR 730 v/s stock bore stage 2 thread. For what Im reading my little ole bolt-on bike does just fine....for $1500, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Spiderbike has a heck of alot more than 1500 in it to get to the point its at[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] It wouldn't be half as impressive if it still had all the "heavy" stuff still on it.
i spent my money on motor mods, he spent his on his chassis. choose isnt trying to say he is faster than u because of his motor, hes just saying hes faster than u...how he got there is his buisness.... i think he deserves all the props he is recieving....he really shed a new light on building fast quads.......it wont be long before we see how he does against some of the power houses....good luck choose........U WILL NEED IT!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is the kit worth the $$$$? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Shut-up Mark!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (Don't make me spend more money!)

Sandaholic is right on it.

I know he rides Glamis a lot. If I just rode Glamis I doubt I'ld have gone as far as I have. You really don't need that much power out there. . . . unless you like to drag race. For general duning a bolt-on bike will keep up with a big bore. More about rider.

The biggest place I've liked having the extra power is going from the wash area to the hills. The little drops need a blip of the throttle to lift the front end and the extra power does the work for you.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Is the kit worth the $$$$? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
at that price....(1700)..... proberly not........... maybe if it was around 1000-1200 range...heck, the carb (lectron 48) is 1000 after u get all the accessorys

Old 12-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thebigshow
Originally posted by: H
I really think you need to read the HPR 730 v/s stock bore stage 2 thread. For what Im reading my little ole bolt-on bike does just fine....for $1500, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Spiderbike has a heck of alot more than 1500 in it to get to the point its at[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] It wouldn't be half as impressive if it still had all the "heavy" stuff still on it.
i spent my money on motor mods, he spent his on his chassis. choose isnt trying to say he is faster than u because of his motor, hes just saying hes faster than u...how he got there is his buisness.... i think he deserves all the props he is recieving....he really shed a new light on building fast quads.......it wont be long before we see how he does against some of the power houses....good luck choose........U WILL NEED IT!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thanks a lot Bigshow. Your right, Im gonna need all the luck I can get to outrun these 130-140hp DS's on drag chassis......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Now how in the world did my little ole 58hp bolt-on bike get thrown into the lions den? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

But, is it still worth the $$$$ for the kit?

Old 12-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Choose it is simple!!! no replacement for displacment and reliable!!! Can you afford NOT to build around the best

Old 12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Choose it is simple!!! no replacement for displacment and reliable!!! Can you afford NOT to build around the best
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

DuneMe,

HAHA - Its a temptation isnt it? You know you want it .... Just satisfy the nitrous urge man! LOL

So far we've only talked about one big bore kit compared to a nice stage II. Anybody else have the Pami big bore kit? Why dont we do a head to head dyno test with the HPR and the PAMI. Heck, I dont have any skin in this, and it would be the logical next step.

Quick Reply: Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$