CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Hi guys,
I read your threads every day and keep drooling over the prospects of someday upgrading to the 730 kit when time and money permits. Butttttttt
from the performance gain #'s you show of 57 rear wheel hp it just seems like a whole lot of work and investment for only a 7 hp. gain as I am currently running 51 hp now with all external mods and a stock bore. I just don't know that 2 grand spent is worth 7hp ? I realize that power gains are not truely linear to the dollar spent but just expected more out of the 730 kit ?
Curious if you really see more power when you combine the 730 kit with new cams, bigger valves and additional head porting... and such is that where you get the most bang out of the 730 kit ?
Cause I just trying to plan and budget my next upgrade will it be 15, 16, or 2500.00 ... big difference in cost for what a 7 hp gain ?
Not quite sure if its worth the bang for the buck ... IMHO of course !
Hey I am eager as the next guy to go BIG and drop the money for the 730 kit but maybe the #'s are misleading ?
I am still quite impressed with the gains I have gotten as I frequently smoke my 686 craptor friend all the time! up and down the dunes and he has head and valve work done to his....
Just curious what you think ?

Old 12-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I really think you need to read the HPR 730 v/s stock bore stage 2 thread. For what Im reading my little ole bolt-on bike does just fine....for $1500, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh boy. . . here we go again. . .

Dyno numbers!!!???

So what your saying is you took your bike to the dyno and got 51 HP and now you are looking at a kit that is 58HP on someone elses dyno and you can't figure out why all of us would spend the money for such a small gain?

All dynos are not the same,

All dynos are not the same

All dynos are not the same.

Not a typo. . . just trying to make my point. Dyno's are for tuning. Where you got 51HP today from a dyno tomorrow you could see +/- 3HP difference on the same dyno. Take it up the street to a different dyno and you could have 35HP or 70HP.

So, did I make my point yet?

Old 12-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree with dune me on this one. Not all dynos are the same.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Originally posted by: DuneMe
Oh boy. . . here we go again. . .

Dyno numbers!!!???

So what your saying is you took your bike to the dyno and got 51 HP and now you are looking at a kit that is 58HP on someone elses dyno and you can't figure out why all of us would spend the money for such a small gain?

All dynos are not the same,

All dynos are not the same

All dynos are not the same.

Not a typo. . . just trying to make my point. Dyno's are for tuning. Where you got 51HP today from a dyno tomorrow you could see +/- 3HP difference on the same dyno. Take it up the street to a different dyno and you could have 35HP or 70HP.

So, did I make my point yet?

DITTO!!!!

Reread where Bigdaddy told about his power gains. In places it was a 22hp increase.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

My bad..it was not 22hp. I reread his statement he said 18ft. lbs. and 17hp. 11hp at peak.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

Truely a given ... that "Not all Dyno's" are the same or even consistant. Been there done that.
Truely there
"Ain't no replacement for Displacement" more cc's = more power !
Let me re-read the thread again....sorry to bend anyone out of shape...
I am just looking for more "Facts" and less "My Dyno" said this Vs. "Your Dyno" said that type info.

I know I know everything being optimal will yeald vastly different results if out of tune or to rich or lean, but If I am going to drop 2 or 3 g's on The kit, The labor, & the tuning / dyno time

A good firm statement like "You will see "12 - 15hp" gain over the entire power band" from where ever your at is what sells me and gets me to drop the card down.
Granted each bike and combination of after market mods is different and the Dyno used and location on our plannet earth will yeald different results from test to test... but that's why the statement of 12 - 15 give you room for those variables.
Just don't want to make a mistake and learn a little something along the way.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just be sure and spend your money wisely. I should make 68hp with just a 730 drop in alone with my totally stock head, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Wow ... those are pretty good numbers.
Please let me know if you can provide Your Dyno #'s before and after... as this may provide a little more consistancy.
The 730 kit sounds great are you going to do the work your self ?
I have only rebult 3 engines in my time. I think I can handle the job but since definate tuning is involved I may just give everything over to the Alba guys and have them do it all... and just give me the bill and Dyno #'s. again this impacts the cost of the upgrade for me...
Got to considder the house payment, toybox, truck payments, bla bla bla ......you know
But man I get excited just talking about the upgrade and the fun I will have with the new power...
I am in and hooked already but facts are hard to come by... X amount of dollars will yeald "about" Y amount of power.
Let me know....

Old 12-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im not going to just drop in a 730 kit. Whenever I have a motor built its gonna be one of the baddest of the baddest. If you know what I mean. There WILL NOT be any corners cut.

What Im trying to tell you is that according to hpresearch.net I would gain 8-10 hp across the whole rpm range, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. Take it for what its worth, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$