CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TVI 720 Big Bore

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TVI 720 Big Bore

Glen,In case you forgot that was a PAMI 760 we had all the water problems with! It was poor machine work on the cylinder head by PAMI !!!!! SO NOBODY IS PERFECT.... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!!!!

Old 12-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default TVI 720 Big Bore

Ok, now someone has had reliability problems with a Pami. Does anyone have a complaint about the reliability of the HPR730? I know ya don't like the price, but any failures? Any headgasket failures? Any cylinder's out of round? Any ring failures to report? If not, that has to be worth something.

Hey Annihilator, I have read some of your posts and you seem like a great, knowledgable guy. I hope to meet you someday. That being said, I think you have a special motor that you should be really proud of. Most cannot achieve what you or the previous owner achieved with that motor. My hat is off to you. Anyone with that has the extra cash can take a 720 or a 730 and get within about 1 horsepower of you regardless of their mechanical knowledge. If you were to take the average guy out there like me, it would cost me 3 times as much in trial and error R&D to make a stock motor work like yours does. I think it is actually cheaper to buy the big bore at my level of race building skill.

I gotta go, I think I made my point.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 12-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default TVI 720 Big Bore

I was talking about a bad head gasket in general!!!! And dont worry I will not forget the pami 760 or the tvi 770 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] &*%*$%

Old 12-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default TVI 720 Big Bore

DSNUT- Thanks for the compliments... Hope to meet ya one day too, You seem like you know more about the ds than the average fello. I agree, The no risk factor with the one peice jugs do make sense if you have the money... I have been through a bunch of motors and learned my lesson early on. Oh and spent a TON of money in the process. If you dont work on your motor and do not have the means to spec out a sleeved jug it isnt worth the headache (imo). Sounds like you have a fast bike. I do plan on roller stroking this motor here soon in the off season and get some lighter internal rotating mass. I use a mechanic that builds nirto funny bikes from the ground up and he has his own machine shop. So when I send my motor to him I know im getting it back solid and then some. Thats what its all about. He goes through the motor with a magnifying glass and looks for stress marks and makes me replace everything in sight. LOL So I try to keep these motors reliable for MANY a reason. Merry Christmass all, Time to go get my son a dirtbike, and Im dreading going to the mall again too!!

Old 12-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default TVI 720 Big Bore

Trust me when i say this, when MrHp sells enough of those 730's, we will here guys complaining about the 730 and how mrHP wont fix them for free and how his customer service sucks because he is not giving somthing for nothing..unfortionly its the nature of the buisness...when your hot your hot, untill the next big thing comes along ...first it was ron woods , then pami , then tvi, and unfortionly mrhp will get his fill of it eventually....its unfortunant, because all of them have great ds products and all of them are great to deal with... Merry Christmas everyone...

Old 12-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default TVI 720 Big Bore

I read posts like this and wonder why? People are always asking for more aftermarket parts for the DS. You are always reading "nobody wants to make parts for the bomb". Then when someone steps up to the plate and produces some great parts all you here is people complaining about this and that. The way I look at it is if you don't like it buy from someone else.
As far as HPResearch goes, if you want great parts then they are going to cost more. Those guys build some nice stuff and I rather buy something one time for a little more then replace a cheaper part over and over again, wishing I had spent a little more money the first time and did it right. You have to expect the DS parts are going to cost more since they aren't mass produced like Yamaha, honda, ect. And as far as customer service goes Randall & Eric are top notch when it comes to walking you through the steps of install or setup. Hats off to you guys for some great products.

Old 12-24-2005, 04:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default TVI 720 Big Bore

ERBEDS650 do a search on sleeved jugs. You will find three forum members having problems with the samcoe jug ( old & no longer around ) & seven forum member with the TVI jug that were having problems also. You will find half having problem & half having no problems. I havn't seen any problems with the HPR cast cylinder yet so this is the way I would go myself, but of course I have to find the money first.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default TVI 720 Big Bore

I will be the first to make a complaint about the HPR 730 kit. My complaint is that mine is not on yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I had to get new valves installed in my head and it should be back late next week if I am lucky.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default TVI 720 Big Bore

CalDS,

Ok, you kind of scared the crap out of me there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have invested kind of heavily into HPR's good track record........in more than one way! LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ha ha!

Ron

Old 12-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default TVI 720 Big Bore

theres no doubt that eric puts out great products.. no one can dispute that....but if the TVI sleaved cylender is installed correctly, there is no reliabilty issue u will have with the motor that u wouldnt have with any other big bore....if anything, the only failures to speak of is the head gaskets for the most part. a forty doller gasket fixes that completely...by the way, misterH.P isrunning the same triple layer gasket that every one is using to seal up there 720 head.. so i am really not sold on the idea that sleave dropping is what is causing that head to leak...but i wouldnt be afraid of the sleaved big bores...i run mine as hard or harder than anyone, and i cant seem to hurt it yet...

Quick Reply: TVI 720 Big Bore