CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RC trucks

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC trucks

edited by ATV Connection Moderator

FORUM RULES

1.1 What are the forum rules?

2. Classified Ads are not permitted in the forums. Please use http://classifieds.atvconnection.com

Old 12-23-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

Originally posted by: Topper
I told my oldest son ( 17 ) that this is the only way I can drink and drive legal [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2005, 01:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default RC trucks

I've had my Revo for over a year now, and I love it! I've put five gallons of fuel through it and only managed to break one a-arm doing back flips. It's a riot with the four wheeler body on it, looks very realistic in action. Have fun with it! Mech.

Old 12-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

Check out my pics. I have a Revo that is all modded out. Also sitting there is my Mugen MBX5 Prospec buggy.

Old 12-23-2005, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

WOW! Didnt know my fellow DS buddies were into RC as well!

I have been doing the RC thing for about 5 years now. I had 11 trucks at one point (its a sickness, I know) but am currently down to two. I gave up on nitro for electric (brushless for those of you who know what it is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )

I just picked up a new brushless system for my revo (converted it to electric). and yes the revo is one incredibly durable truck! MUCH better than the maxx series. I used to have a brushless emaxx, and it took a LOT of money to make it semi-durable. My 1.5k dollar emaxx was about as durable as a stock revo. The only thing I have had trouble with on the revos is the arms, but RPM arms solve that pretty easily.

Old 12-23-2005, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

I have had a Revo for about 8 months now. Great speed, handling and they can take a major beating. But I will tell you this. Buy your self a couple one way bearings. You will need them trust me. Later, D

Old 12-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

What are these one way bearings? I'm trying to get a parts list together for my tool box. I hate breaking something and then need to wait for a shipment to come in. I would rather buy stuff I will never use then sit on the side of the track....

Old 12-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

I have an RC10GT Team Series truck I bought in Christmas of 1998. I've used it maybe 10 - 20 hours tops and it has sat most of it's life. The engine is still in good shape but last time I took it out (I was just starting to get back into it) I smoked the ever so popular 'Stealth Transmission.' So much for the 'Stealth' tranny being good. I think I thought about selling it once but I think I'd get about 1/10th of what I put into it.

Now if anyone wants to trade for an electric truck - that is what I wish I would have bought. If I ever buy another, I'll be buying a Team Losi truck as I had much better results with their products. I bought a pretty good radio (for 1998) when I got this setup though which was an Airtronics CS2P FM radio - everyone was using AM so the FM was wide open - this unit in my limited use has never had any interference.

Old 12-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

The one way bearing is used on the ez start system. Its what it says. I am on my third bearing so far. You will know its bad when the gears start slipping when trying to start you truck or you motor does not run correctly. Its easy to replace. You have to remove the four bolts that hold the engine down,gas line,exhaust at the muffler and electrical leads. Then remove the easy start system. You will then see the one way bearing.

My first one went after the 5 tank of fuel breaking the motor in. I called Traxxas to complain about the bearing going so soon. They told me that its a good idea to take the bearing out and oil it with Mobile 1 oil every so often as regular maintainence. I don't bother though. I leave it in until it goes. If you go on ebay you can pick one up for around 6 to 10 dollars. Hope this helps.

Old 12-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

The best fix for that bearing is to pick up some one-way bearing grease at a local hobby shop. I have been using it for years on my one-way bearings and they last 10 times longer. The problem with the one-way bearing on the revo is lack of grease, then the rubber o-rings fail and the debris gets in the bearing.

Quick Reply: RC trucks