CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RC trucks

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC trucks

All nitro engines that use an electric starter or pullstart have a one way. It is just inside the backplate/recoil starter. Traxxas trucks are notorious for bad one-ways, mostly because oil gets in there. If you are in a pinch you can soak them in wd-40 and usually get a few more runs out of them, but otherwise good grease is the way to go.

Old 12-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

When you say oil gets in there I dont understand as the Traxxas deal told me to put oil in there. ?????????????????

Old 12-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

It is amazing how many people that have quads also have rc's. I too have nitro trucks and have been doing it for about 15 years. I don't run electric anymore because of having to charge the batteries all the time, but electric is instant power. I have had so many diff ones that my friends say I was a hobby store. Now these days I am down to 4 trucks and 1 buggy. My son and I enjoy running these together as well as quads. I will put some pics up. I am also a forum member of rcnitro, unlimited engineering aka "supermaxx". I modded everything that I own except the buggy. I have thousands of dollars in my trucks and have a ofna twin titan limited edition that sits on a shelf as a show piece. If I had as much money in my quads as I do my rc's than I would have super great quads. I think the revo is a good race truck, but as most traxxis stuff is built kinda cheap. A super truck for durability is a hpi savage, these trucks will take a beating and keep goin. Have any of you guys takin your stuff with you when you go ride, I think that would be kool. Well congrats on the revo, you will deff enjoy it. MERRY CHRISTMAS everybody and a happy new year. May GOD bless us all. RUSS

Old 12-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

The Savage is more durable then the Revo? I am part owner in an rc store and we sell 10 times more revos then Savage kits, but when it comes to parts we sell 10 times more savage parts. Don't get me wrong the Savage was a good truck when it came out, but the Revo is alot more durable. I don't think either of them make a good race truck unless you are a beginner. If you are looking for a race truck I would say a Mugen truggy or a Jammin truck. Those seem to be the dominate trucks right now. Until the next new thing comes along.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

I was going to say the same thing jmac, but didnt want to pick a fight..lol

I too have am known as having a "hobby store" in my basement (even though im down to two trucks, I have WAYY too much stuff) I used to run savages, and they are very good tough trucks, but they just cant hold a candle to the revo durability wise. We took two stock revos to the local cement skate park and got through half a gallon (between two trucks) before we finally broke something on each truck that prevented it from still moving. One had a cracked bulkhead and a cracked body mount and an a-arm, the other broke two arms.

O by the way, my revo is faster than all of your revos! (sorry...the old yamaha owner in me felt the need to lay that on the table, lol)

Merry xmas all, have fun with the new xmas goods!

Old 12-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

I think my custom ceramic muffler bearings makes mine the fastest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

Ya well I have a custom set of chrome plated left handed screw drivers to work on my trucks... I bet you guys all just use those pathetic regular screwdrivers! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

Sorry guys I should of stated that diff. I was refering to the overall r/c truck scene. I as you all, have owned many trucks, kyosho,xtm,traxxas,hpi,ofna,thunder tiger and others. I beleive that the hpi savage is stronger built than most. I have only seen a couple revo's run and the guys complained about breaking. I guess the way we run them and where we run them has an impact on that. I have not seen a r/c truck jump and land on it's nose from 15 ft and not break a thing except a savage. The revo is a great runner from what I know, and the reason why the sales are so good over a savage is because of size, weight and speed. And yes I agree that both are not the best for racing, but if you own a shop you know as well as I do that sales are gonna go to the cheaper lines most of the time. Not everyone is just gonna go blow $500-$1000 on a r/c that there gonna play with at a park or back yard. The t-maxx is also very very popular and it is built cheaply but they sell like wild fire. Guys we all have our experiance and I was stating what I have seen. SORRY

Old 12-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

Don't apoligize. If you preffer a savage thats cool. Some people like them better. I was just saying most around my area have switched to the revo for the reliability and strength. The savage is still a good truck, but stock for stock I would preffer the revo.

Old 12-24-2005, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default RC trucks

By the way, I still think you guys are even cooler now that I know you own r/c's. Hey if I put a 15-1 piston in my ds I could use my r/c fuel in it.LOL'S That would never happen, r/c fuel=$30.00 pump gas=$2.20-$3.80. Take care all and have a great CHRISTMAS + HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Quick Reply: RC trucks