CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Help. Need advice on packing muffler.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help. Need advice on packing muffler.

Hi Guys. Well I received my CT exhaust today from big daddy and was wondering.

Do you know how the muffler is to be packed ? When I took it apart there was only fiberglass packing packed in the tail end of the pipe. I would say if the length of the muffler was 15 inches long it only had 3 or 4 inches of packing towards the end of the pipe. Should the entire pipe be packed fully I'm not sure. And should it be packed tight or loose?

Thanks again, Derek

Old 12-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Derek, yes the entire pipe should be packed. I just returned your email, and I'll lay it out for everyone. I purchased the pipe from one of our fellow DS'rs and took him on his word that "That's a fresh pack on that pipe" and that "I'll need to repack next year". I should have looked into the pipe more, and now my rep is tarnished. You got a great pipe, but I should have looked into the internals a little more. I'm very sorry... You still got a great pipe for the money, in fact, 80 less than I paid for it. That means nothing though if you didn't get what you wanted.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help - if you trust me.... again, I'm very sorry.

BD

Old 12-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

it should be packed all the way through and wrapped tight... as far as I know anyways..

Old 12-29-2005, 03:42 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys. Well its 2:35 am on the east coast. I just got done packing the exhaust muffler and installed the pipe on the quad. I could not wait until tomorrow. It looks great and sounds awesome. Its LOUD. I cant wait to take it out for a ride tomorrow. BigDaddy I received your email. Thanks for the warm welcome. The same rules apply here too if you ever come out my way. Thanks again. D