CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

just got bike dyno'ed after mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got bike dyno'ed after mods

I let 2 or 3 days go by, and I'm behind 3 pages....

BigDaddy,
With all the engine builders in the shee world, I don't think my nerves could handle the consequences of beating them! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shmee
between the stk w/end cap and the ron woods it was 1 hp diff...
Something isn't making sense to me.... the in frame drag pipe has been stated to make 1hp less than the regular RW pipe. The RW regular pipe is 1hp more than the stock exhaust with endcap.... The in frame drag pipe has been stated to make considerable more power in the mid range than the regular RW pipe....The stock exh with endcap definitely makes considerable more power in the mid range than the regular RW pipe......
This seems to equate the in frame drag pipe power exactly to that of the stock exhaust with endcap???

Old 01-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2006, 12:46 AM
H
Pro Rider

Its like someone on these forums once said, Don't just look at the peak numbers , but the overall performance and that is where the in frame drag pipe does so much better than either the end cap or Woods pipe.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2006, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

not to worry, I'll be dyno'ing an in-frame vs. a reg row wood soon. I don't think it's going to beat the stick though. I've seen the stick on the dyno and up the hill.

V
e
r
y

I
m
p
r
e
s
s
i
v
e
!!!!!!!!!!

If I was just a hill shooter it would be on the donut - no questions asked. One word of advice though.... NEVER line up on the right side of a guy with a drap pipe. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you will after you do it ONCE.

Here's one for you Choose.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I thought you'd like that.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The stick does tend to run people away from the right side of my bike!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2006, 01:06 AM
H
Pro Rider

I have absolutely no doubt the stick will outperform the in frame. But you can't convert it back to somewhat quiet in 5 minutes either. Thats the beauty of the in frame- versatility.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

No questions there H.

I think that a set up that you could loosen the head pipes, tilt and install the inframe full would be a real hot set up. I'm pretty sure that it could be done. Maybe we can get 222 and MrHP to create that in all there spare time.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: H
Its like someone on these forums once said, Don't just look at the peak numbers , but the overall performance and that is where the in frame drag pipe does so much better than either the end cap or Woods pipe.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
That's what I'm trying to understand, the whole curve seems to be described as the same power range characteristics of the endcap..

The stick can be converted just about that easy, because all you have to do is remove the stock headpipes to install it, leaving the back half of the stock pipe bolted in the frame.
I've had a drag meg for several years that fits in frame on a set of certain headpipes and can be swapped with a quiet muffler. It kills all other in frame pipes on top end, but falls short of the drag pipe on top end. It's also very loud, so for these reasons, I've never utilized it since it's so easy to go back and forth with the stick, and I didn't think anyone else would either.....maybe it's time to rethink...

BigDaddy- where do I go to buy some of that free time?? Now, I want quality, cheap, and quick.

Old 01-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Yea 222, I think if you were to buy time it would cost way to much. Your time is at a premium right now. In fact, didn't I see somewhere that you were pushing for 30hour days? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I also think that putting on the thumper may be that easy. If you can get the head pipes out quick, developing a nice little routine - you can probably do it in about 10minutes or so. That's a guess. I'll have to get the stop watch out.

Anybody willing to put money on it?

My garage and my lift...... I think it might be easy money. Then again, I'm the only guy born and raised in Vegas that doesn't gamble.

Quick Reply: just got bike dyno'ed after mods