CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

just got bike dyno'ed after mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got bike dyno'ed after mods

Ok if HPR cams are all special grinds, and to be way better than the shelf grinds can we be told more about these HPR3? are the cams Daul pattern? Asemmetrical or semmetrical? are the opening ramps same are different as the closing ramps? Do the cams run advanced?
Ya note Im not asking your grinds [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: THEBOM

If you need specs, buy Pami or web shelf cams and I look forward to lining up with you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

[/quote]

Just say when??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ill be in NE next weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][/quote]

Jeff,

Ya gonna be at DS days? I will give you a run for your money on the Valley[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]............after we dial in suspension and gearing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Btw Jeff, are your cams shelf cams, or are they a custom grind?

Old 05-24-2006, 01:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Ron, I have webs 109 in my stockbore. Im ready for ya.. On a giant hill..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Sounds good Mario![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I look forward to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

All of my bike's have off the self cams except 1 and they can be had.

I travel all over the mid and eastern states racing. The only reason to head west would be to visit freinds out there. I have too many other races going to make it out for DS days.

After all the fastest DS's come from the mid states (MO,KY) anyway . LOL j/k

Old 05-24-2006, 11:07 AM
amd
Pro Rider

Anyone ever think that the reason they dont list cam specs is because they have already been listed by pami and web!!!

LMAO just joking.. Heck it doesn't matter if they list them or not. People will still buy them, so why should they..

I am ready to sell this DS thing and go buy a 30 foot profile cat. The money I get out of the DS would make a nice down payment on one!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: THEBOM
All of my bike's have off the self cams except 1 and they can be had.

I travel all over the mid and eastern states racing. The only reason to head west would be to visit freinds out there. I have too many other races going to make it out for DS days.

After all the fastest DS's come from the mid states (MO,KY) anyway . LOL j/k
LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Do you have a purpose built hill shooter? My racing is really going to focus on Hill shooting like 4sw's. I will do the 300' races at Dunefest since it is only 2 hrs from my house, but I am not nearly as interested in 300' as I am Olds or Sandmountain(s).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 05-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Here's the thing, the specs aren't advertised because it's their design. If they weren't different, the specs wouldn't be asked for. Even the Ninja eye of the Annihilater can see the difference between the HPR series and his webs or A1/A2's. If you can see the difference with the naked eye, just imagine what the computer would tell you.

Try and get the Fuel Injection parameters for a sportbike or the new Yami 700 raptor Fuel Injection specs from the factory... It aint going to happen. Could someone get the computers, open them up and figure it out? Absolutely, but that takes a lot of time and money. Could someone do the same things with the HPR cams? Absolutely, but then again we have the money and time factor. If you like your Web 109, A1/A2 etc. etc. grinds then be happy and move on. I've NEVER been forced to purchase anything from HPR. Never been tortured to the point at which I had to have it. Be happy with what you have... I'll wait for ya at the top of the hill :Big Grin:

I used think that all the data should be shared because were all family.... the DS family. Doesn't work that way, we all know people that have only THEIR best interests at heart. Will do anything for money, and wouldn't think twice about throwing you under the bus. This isn't about improving something over an existing product. It's about copying the product outright. If you were going to invest the time and money to cut cams, test configurations and produce... then getting the grind wouldn't be that much of a problem. MOST are not willing to do that...

There will be something better than the HPR 3's... then came the 4's, then came the 5's. Even HPR has not settled for the first popular grind. They are improving on the design all the time. But they are willing to spend the time and money.

My 2 cents