CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

? nitrous ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? nitrous ?

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
misterhp i dont want to see any snickering out of any of you when you see me pull up with my fine rig loaded down with the finest okie injinuity or something like that. Duct tape, zip ties, a couple of toggal switches, cooking thermometer taped to the side of the radiater so i can see how hot shes running, best of all my bad riding gear some flip flops and shorts,. and a tank top. shes not pretty but she likes to run[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Duct tape,zip ties,cooking thermometer? So your a hilbilly like myself! We should get along great.

Jed, Im getting used to the copying stuff.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ? nitrous ?

Marky, that was just funny. I agree, a pleasing look would not be a bad thing.

Eric, I didnt see that coming, but it was funny!

2Big, ahh, see your only just sipping, you need to take a full drink. Holding down the button is not going to hurt nothing. I think you got her setup up correct. When I had the button, I would start without it, then as soon as I let off the clutch I would hit the button, then try and hold it through the shift, and till the race was over.
I dont need to hold no button while trying to shift with the micro, its there ready when you are.

Mario, I dont let off for nothing. Well unless I go over backwards,lol. But really, from the time I drop the hammer, I usually only shift once, third to forth, but if the sand is hard and I have to start in second, I still dont let off through both shifts. As for revs, my cdi is set to limit at 8900. I dont ever hear it banging it, nor have I ever looked down to see if it hits it, but its such a quick shift. I havent had any problems yet, nock on wood.

Old 01-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Marky, that was just funny.
You have no idea how much I was holding back on my post! I must have re-written it like 5 times. I know there are guys that use duct tape for putting electrical connections together and use bailing wire to weld with. Most of those guys have accounts at the Coastal Farm and Supply store and even have a Radio Shack club card. Some of those guys have quads that I have worked on. To each his own.

Who knows, after being in Idaho for 2 months, I may (someday) end up welding with bailing wire and using duct tape for my electrical connections. But not for a while I hope.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Default ? nitrous ?

You mean they make stuff other than bailing wire and coat hangers to weld with![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I need to see some of this hi-tech equipment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hey Jed are you coming to FSW.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ? nitrous ?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........bailing wire..............duct tape.....................wait a second, are you talking about me?BAHAHAHAHA

Eric, I sure did want to. I was going to just fly down, and catch a ride with someone, but it dont look like its going to pan out. Plus its finally snowing here good, and i'm having to much fun carving it up with the sled. I sure hope you guys do good. I think me and you will be doing some talking here in the spring. It sounds like I have drawn a bull I cant ride for Ds days, we'll see!

Marky, hows the snow and cold treating you?

Old 01-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

2B2BF, Am I seeing that picture right in your album??? Is that black DS strapped to the tongue of your trailer??? LMAO Now that is OKIE inginuity at its finest.

ODP, This is killing you isn't it LMAO!!! You think you seen rigging on stuff before........LMFAO your in Idaho now son. You havent seen anything yet! I saw a guy last time I was there that had a big ol Ford highboy. Probably a 12" lift on it running 33" tires and the rims were welded to the brakedrums because they were off a chevy. I was also very impressed by the chains he had rapped around the 460 he put in there to hold it to the frame. Guy couldnt talk very well, I assume he dripped some superglue on his lips when he was glueing his one prise tooth back in. Dang the luck, happens all the time.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:45 PM
amd
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

Another option that we did with a race car was an RPM switch. You can get one from Summit for about 50 bones. They work great and can really help with loose track conditions. You can also gang switches, like put a micro on the clutch to kill off the juice when you shift.

I ran window switches on my car also and they worked great. I used them with a microswitch. I have been going to do the microswitch on the clutch so I can power shift on the bottle. Just havent got around to doing it yet. I used to put microswitches on the clutch pedals of stick cars so you could power shift them on the bottle and they always worked awesome.

That is good thinking doctor turbo

Old 01-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default ? nitrous ?

Ya I thought if anybody on here did something like that it would be you amd. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I know your type; your the guy that is always in front of me at the swap meet. Your the guy that can spot that $10 N2O noid at 50 feet!!!! Your the guy that always beats me to the $20 bottles; that are even full!!! Your the kind that puts your own $700 kit together for less that $200. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Your the kind that hides a 50 shot on a stock car, just for that little advantage off of the turn.
Ha ha ha ha, ya, I know your type, and I damn sure don't want to race ya, ha ha ha ha..........I don't want to get my butt kicked!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
You guys have fun on your day off, and happy new year!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

Originally posted by: DemonDS
ODP, This is killing you isn't it LMAO!!! You think you seen rigging on stuff before........LMFAO your in Idaho now son. You havent seen anything yet! I saw a guy last time I was there that had a big ol Ford highboy. Probably a 12" lift on it running 33" tires and the rims were welded to the brakedrums because they were off a chevy. I was also very impressed by the chains he had rapped around the 460 he put in there to hold it to the frame. Guy couldnt talk very well, I assume he dripped some superglue on his lips when he was glueing his one prise tooth back in. Dang the luck, happens all the time.

I swear they should make a new reality show called Idaho. It might be sort of a cross between MacGyver, a spud farmer, and a local school janitor. The locals could compete to solve problems based on what they could find just hanging around the spud farm. Things like how to put a International Harvester rear end back on, how to get end run potatoes for free eating, and how to satisfy your most carnal instincts simply by locating sheep. There might be mullet contests as well. However, contestants might be confused by traffic circles (round-a-bouts), 4 way stops, and Yield Signs (which really mean "Give Way" – just incase you guys didn’t know). Who the heck knows - All I know is that I shelter myself at work and try not to venture out too close to any farm, and always travel in large numbers. I am concerned about living here long term. We have the largest military nuclear waste site on the planet, being run by out of work barley farmers and a few engineers that built the colapsed Teton dam. Of course, this place does have its benefits - including low crime. The reason is because there is almost nothing thats against the law. I have drug dealers for neighbors and when I call up the sherriff about it, he asks me, "but are they doing anything illegal?" . So, if you come here, enjoy the dunes (just had to mention that or my post would be moved) and try and show the locals what a good time really is because it never involves sheep.

For the locals that read this - Its all good! Just having fun with the culture!

Old 01-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

Heres a thought, I think it would be cool to be able to have the option of both a micro-switch and a button. That way if you wanted to just play with the nos on a hill shot you could. Or you could switch it over to the micro on the throttle for an all out drag. Im no electrical engineer anyone know how to make this work?

Quick Reply: ? nitrous ?