CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Boss Noss?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boss Noss?

What does everybody think of Boss Noss as a company? I've been reviewing thier products, which are impressive so far. Any input would be good.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:40 PM
amd
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

ODP I haven't bought anything from them, But I have used some of there products, IE: heads on some friends bikes. I would say they make very nice products for sure. But to know them as a company, I wouldnt have any idea. I never had to deal with any issues from there products so I am not even sure how customer service is.

Are you thinking of a career move again?....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boss Noss?

Originally posted by: amd

Are you thinking of a career move again?....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

Just looking for a kit from a company thats as serious about ATVs as I am.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

Marky, anything you can tell us about there product? Good, bad compared to the Boondocker set up. They seem very similar to each other to me, and my limited know how.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

Old 01-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

I like the Boss Noss set up better than Dockers. Better manifold design, self powered control box=no tapping into oem wire harness. Real adjustable fuel jets that spray fuel after the carbs instead of the Dockers carb vent pressure setup. Boss also is 100% regulated. I do like the looks of BOON's EFI box though. Tough call Mark....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2006, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Boon's system can drop pressure as the bottle gets low, and therefore creating less horsepower. . Since the nitrous is always consistant, it makes it easy to make the air consistant.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

WHERE IS 650Viper???? I have been saying this all along. The bottle drops in pressure so you dont have the consistant hit. Your power doesnt stay consistant. I tell guys all the time on here to get bottle heaters to regulate thier pressures BUT NO, they dont need em. Thats why I have always like the wet systems. It's always better when warm and wet!

It sounds like the Boss system is more like a wet system.

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Old 01-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

Originally posted by: donal
I like the Boss Noss set up better than Dockers. Better manifold design, self powered control box=no tapping into oem wire harness. Real adjustable fuel jets that spray fuel after the carbs instead of the Dockers carb vent pressure setup. Boss also is 100% regulated. I do like the looks of BOON's EFI box though. Tough call Mark....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Whats more is that I hear Boon may not even come out with the 700R control box afterall. I was told they were, and told dealers as well, now I understand that was all a ruse. This sounds a lot like a lot of other things there at Boon.

Old 01-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boss Noss?

Demon you funny boy. Yes nitrous pressure does vary with bottle pressure. But as the pressure in the bottle drops, so does the fuel pressure. So you always, always have a correct mixture.

The Boss system sounds good, but once you have read through there spill, and really think about it, you'll get a better picture. Some people swear by it, just not me.

Quick Reply: Boss Noss?