CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Going to Florence

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Florence

Bummer Ron, but at least you can still ride. Scatter, great deal. Can't wait to get there, in just over 26 hours we should be riding

Old 01-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

This is Dragon singing off until Tuesday. Leaving for Florence now. Later all

Old 01-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, I am back safe and sound. I didn't get to meet Scatterbrain due to mechanical troubles. He headed for home before I got there. I did meet Dragondj and his father and brother. Capital Gents, I must say! Couldn't ask for a more friendly group. Dennis (the old man) is great! He is someone I would love to sit down with sometime and pick his brain. It was clear to me that he has life pretty well figured out.

Thanks for letting me tag along, Dragon. I had a great time![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 01-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

I got home safe, Im really bummed about the short trip. Today would have been perfect. Not a cloud in the sky. I hope you guys had a great day. Im going to tear it apart tomorrow and see what blew up. Im hoping the under bucket springs were money well spent. Im really thinkin it was a valve spring that went and it didnt drop the valve. I guess we shall see tomorrow.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

Made it home myself, safe and sound. Ron, it was good meeting you and riding with you we had a good time also. Sweet rides now matter what the weather was like.

Scatter, it just totally sucks your ride had to go down. Well at least you beat that Banshee up the hill once or twice.

My bike is still having some issues, so I will be out there everynight trying to get it running top notch.

We have been having great times since we joined the DS community. We have met and road with a few and all have been great. Scatterbrain, ODP, Sandbomber, Capewindy, DSnut. We also had some time to talk to Kelly (KMS), Gary (TVI), and Teebone at DSDays last year and you were all great to meet and talk to. We also met someone who was willing to take off from the mountain drags and bring his Turbo Ds over to our truck so our injured rider that weekend could check it out. Don't remember who that was, but another class act.

Hoping to meet and ride with many more new faces, and the same old faces this year. We are planning on making it to DSDays, and a trip to St. As this year. Plus a few more rides up in Oregon.

Minus the bike issues, there were some good times.....

Old 01-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Dragon, you forgot about me.... Ya JERK! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yea man, what aboutr Topper![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

On Sunday at Winchester Dragon's DS stalled at the top of a dune and wouldn't start. Dragon's brother (I am terrible with names) and I headed back to camp to grab a tow strap. On our way back, I was leading and we were hauling a$$ through some pretty tricky stuff. I made a judgement error and took us into a sharp dead end with a steep, loose sand wall on one side and a tree birm on the other. I jumped up on the sand wall and sidehilled across and out, so did Dennis (the Old Man). Unfortunately for Dragon's brother, he was carrying the strap right between his legs so when he jumped up on the sidehill the strap started to slip. He shifted his weight to catch the strap and that immediatly took him down into the dead end hole. It wouldn't have been a problem except it was quicksand. He dug right in and came to an immediate stop. Before he could even start getting unstuck, part of the sand wall slid down burying his DS up to the top of the wheels. We finally stopped and waited and waited and waited. He finally showed up. When we got back to where Dragon was, he accused us 3 times of eating lunch and possibly taking naps while he waited!

We didn't have to tow him. The old man figured out what was wrong and had him running in no time.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Topper
Dragon, you forgot about me.... Ya JERK! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
No I am just still made at you for making fun of an earlier post of mine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Well crap, that is why you don't list names....You always forget someone, or more.

Adding Topper to my list of great people to ride with. His wife and kid were cool, and we all had a great time the weekend he came down also. Another class act in the DS community.

Sorry man, feel like crap now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

BTW, ya'll might want to lay off the old man stuff with him......He still thinks he is 25 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Going to Florence