CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just Read Where Bombardier is going to Mexico???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Read Where Bombardier is going to Mexico???

I appreciate the fact that you just want to stir this up. It has been a little slow around here lately so............

He made reference to Oregon and since I am the only one on this thread from Oregon I just assumed...........

Happy stirring!

Ron

Old 01-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was a good post to read......

Old 01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer

L O L ...

Old 01-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1999cobra
Originally posted by: FatHolly
There are arguements for and against NAFTA and the global economy, each have rational explanations behind them. To call the Mexican people "Dumba$$'s" is just ignorant. If you have a valid argument, please articulate it in a way that is not offensive to people of other nationalities. People who will be working for BRP in Mexico may be willing to work for a lower wage but that in no way means that they are less intellegent than people in the United States. To assume so is also a sign of great ignorance. I take offense to your comments sir. You should educate yourself and form an opinion based on economic realities not racist stereo types.
Yup whatever you say -

Who gives a rat's a$$ what you think - I care about Mexicans stealing American jobs - and now Canadian as well - Go drink an expresso, latte'

Well its seems that I have now ruffled your feathers... And who gives a rat's a$$... well I guess you did... You were kind enough to spend some of your extra time replying to my post. If all you had on your agenda was to express your discontent with our currect economic system you could have stated that in a much more intellegent manner. Instead you made statements degrading the integrity of an entire country. You are critical of the current economic system however I would bet that the majority of the products that you purchase are manufactured in another country. That is how we as Americans, or Canadians, are able to afford the luxuries that we have grown so accustomed to. That, however, is not what I took offense to. Like I said in my original post there are valid arguements to either side of this particular arguement. Your statement containing the "dumba$$" remark is what shows your true intentions. Instead of clearly expressing your feelings on the global economy you took a cheap shot at our friends to the south. The Mexican people carry no ill will towards Americans. On the contrary, many wish that they could be part of American society. With so much anger focused on America from the middle east, why would you disrespect a country(Mexico) that is attempting to pattern itself after the success of the United States.

In reguards to the last part of your reply...I'm not sure I've ever had a latte so I don't know where that came from... I'm assuming that since it seems like you are into ignorant stereo types, that statement is some type of weak shot directed towards me. I know you worked really hard on that one so I will pretend like I was hurt by that snappy come back... Boo Hoo... OK I'm over it.

Really though, I know there is a slight lack of diversity up there in Vermont (95% white) but please try to be more aware that your share this continent with two other countries, one of which is not white. We and the two other countries with which we share this great land have willingly entered into a free trade aggreement. Like it or not this is part of the North American economic landscape. If you don't like it, run for office or move to France.

Have a nice evening,
Doug

Old 01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Doug,

Where were you the last time we went through this debate? I could have really used the help![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 01-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe it was what American society teaches it's people. I was under the impression that Mexico was a 3rd world country. Usually that comes with a 3rd world mentality. So I would think a 3rd rate product would be made. It is easy to say something that is misconstrued as racisim. Seems anything you say anymore is racist. I know my best friend, Robert Bautista is Mexican and his brothers live in California and make the finest custom automobiles and choppers. So it's not their nationality that makes someone smart or dumb.
I know the one's that have invaded my town are not very educated. Common sense is rare. But to say Any group of people is stupid or less than me, is stupid. The education level is different. (and yes, invaded)
Quality? We'll see. Like some pointed out before, many things are made in Mexico with good quality. I would like to think the people of Mexico care about what they do. My friends that are Mexican and were raised here are just like me. The newbies that wash and wax my truck seem to not know how my floor mats go in. They are always backwards. lol! All the new one's my friend hires, burn up at least one 2 stroke piece of equipment before they understand the oil/gas thing. That is just an education difference.
When it comes to quality of a people? I know my friend Robert and his brother, Ted, would bleed for me.

Old 01-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Trailblazer

Some of my posts are for amusement purposes ONLY...

This forum (as far as I know) is for ATV discussions.

It's not your personal platform to get up on a soapbox to show us how intelligent you think you are. Not about Mexicans, not about politics, not about economics, not about Vermont or it's current population mix, (BTW I'm not from VT) not about your education or mine, whether you think I'm stupid or whether you are...

Lets stick to the forum specifics A T V's - I didn't start the Mexicali post - but I can clearly see that some people on this board have real thin skin and then when they feel they have been personally slighted assume new identities and go on crusades that span accross this forum and onto others - to get revenge -

Now which one of you is the real Choopa, doo??? Dsnut or Fatholly???

Little lesson - Internet 101 - Don't take posts on internet forums personal, there from people you don't know and don't know you, relax take a deep breath, go get a beverage, take a break, then continue...

Old 01-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

1999cobra,

Your perception of our comments speaks more about you than it does about us. Just because someone has more experience or a better understanding of something does not mean they think they are better or smarter than you. I put my questions out to gain new understanding. I put my ideas out to help others gain new understanding.

If you hear something one of us says and can relate to it, learn from it and use it to your advantage in life. I can guarentee you that is what Fatholly and I do. That is how you get real life experience that is useful. I don't disrespect anyone on this forum. Often times I am a little overzealus about finding the truth behind the post or in pointing out wrong thinking but I have had my share of wrong thinking on this forum and I am appreciative to those who took the time to set me straight. I see this forum as a place to meet people and make friends. After that, it is for education and positive interaction.

Regarding thin skin. You can say what you want about me. I won't get mad but when you say something that is hurtful to someone else with no other purpose but to amuse yourself on an internet forum, the recipient of your slander deserves an advocate. I won't put up with the type of statements you made earlier by sitting quietly by. My feelings are not hurt. Only people I allow have the ability to offend me. Some people are too dangerous to give them that power.

I am a conservative Republican and I want the borders enforced and illegal immigration stopped. But that does not mean I am without compassion for the plight of the people in Mexico and I certainly do not think of them as though they are on a lower level than I am. I don't think that about you either.

You can use this post to learn from it, or you can shoot back with more accusations of my perceived superiority. I hope you decide to learn form it.

BTW, you and I don't have the power to change this forum. We do have the power to decide whethor to impact it in a positive way or in a negative way.

Ron

Old 01-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Trailblazer

The fact that YOU keep responding - sings long and loud about your character, Mr. Ron -

Now - can we put this to bed already... Chopper, doo???

Old 01-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

1999cobra,
I wish you would stop speaking in metaphors, ie Latte comment, Choopa, Doo, revenge??? I have no idea what you are reffering to. If you have something to say... say it. Nothing stopped you from making comments degrading an entire country. You state that you did not start the thread about BRP moving Mexico, however, you have choosen to post on this topic. You made some comments that I could not let go unchallenged. Im sorry if I ruffled your feathers but what did you expect? Comments like that are posted for two reasons, either you actually believe and stand behind what you say, or you are just trying to stir it up. I believe your intentions are the latter. I have no problem with either reason but you cannot expect that you can throw out statements like the ones you did and not get responses like you did. It is your perogitive to post your opinion on this topic, it is my perogitive to respond. I would expect, however, that you would stand by statements that you posted. If you believe the things that you wrote, that is entirley up to you. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I do not think I have been personally slighted. I simply cannot let ignorant misguided statements be left without a response. You ask that I "relax take a deep breath, go get a beverage, take a break, then continue..." that is exactly what I did. I read your post at least 20 times before I decided to respond. I do not usually respond to topics like this. I was compelled to respond this time, however. I though it was important.

In regards to another statement that you made in your last post. DSNUT continues to respond to this thread, and it shows the strength of his character. I do not know him, other than what I have read from this forum, however, I can tell you from what I have read that he is a person who speaks honestly and openly about his opinions. He stands behind his statements as do I. I have seen your posts change topics almost every time. All I ask is that you stand behind what you say. If you believe that Mexicans are dumba$$'s then please expand on that thought so I can understand why you believe this. Instead you ask "who gives a rats a$$" what I think. That does not add any validity to your arguement, or our conversation. I have tried to articulate what and why I believe the things I do, you have just thrown out inflamatory comments backed by juvenile combacks.

BTW This is an ATV related topic. I would have liked it if we could keep the thread about the BRP move. Its economic impact will be undeniable. BRP makes an excellant product, contrary to your statements regarding the competitive nature of their products. Their "already uncompetitive crappy a$$ ATV's" as you put it, have surprisingly won 2 consecutive Dakar Ralleys, and the 2004 Baja 1000 and 500 races, among many others. I guess these races don't really show how durable and competitive the DS650 is. Will the move have a significant effect on the BRP ATV division? Only time will tell.

P.S.
If you think this is me on a soap box, you should see me when I really get going...LOL

Doug

Quick Reply: Just Read Where Bombardier is going to Mexico???