CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Results from MLK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results from MLK!!!

I respect both you guys already, but........... to compare politics and religian to builders doesn't quite work for me. Politics is based on philosophy and religian is based on theology, building race quads is based on physics. Two of these are very difficult to determine which is actually right and what is actually better. They are so dependent on view points, religian even more so than politics. The comparison implys that one builder is as good as the next, and it is simply a matter of point of view....... The physics, we can test and determine right now.

Builders have the benefit of more immediate and tangible results in the form of reliability or problems, high horsepower numbers or low numbers, won races or lost races. It is much more concrete and obvious who the better builders are at any given time by the results of these real tests.

Politics usually takes a few years after it doesn't matter anymore to see who was right and religian, well........we will all be dead before we get tangible proof of who was right. In choosing a builder, look at the stats, opinion just muddy's the water.

Opinion vs Statistics..... I will stick with statistics in choosing a builder.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Welp, this one is getting a little deep with DSNut's last post. Think I'll take the boys out for a ride and check back in this afternoon. A little lighter fare on a Saturday morning is in order, deep thought and analization is better suited for the Monday-Friday grind. Thanks Nut, I was looking for a little coaxing out the door![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Kinda chilly out but you helped me realize it's more comfortable outside...

Old 01-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Ace, your making me jealous. I work Saturdays and your goin' for a ride. Damn those pesky jobs.

DSNUT, you know I love politics... where is 1999cobra when you need some good entertainment. I see your point but remember that building engines IS religion to some of our DS brothers. It might be a hobby for me but some of these guys live and die by this stuff.

Old 01-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

FatHolly,

Amen!

hahahahaha

Old 01-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I respect both you guys already, but........... to compare politics and religian to builders doesn't quite work for me. Politics is based on philosophy and religian is based on theology, building race quads is based on physics. Two of these are very difficult to determine which is actually right and what is actually better. They are so dependent on view points, religian even more so than politics. The comparison implys that one builder is as good as the next, and it is simply a matter of point of view....... The physics, we can test and determine right now.

Builders have the benefit of more immediate and tangible results in the form of reliability or problems, high horsepower numbers or low numbers, won races or lost races. It is much more concrete and obvious who the better builders are at any given time by the results of these real tests.

Politics usually takes a few years after it doesn't matter anymore to see who was right and religian, well........we will all be dead before we get tangible proof of who was right. In choosing a builder, look at the stats, opinion just muddy's the water.

Opinion vs Statistics..... I will stick with statistics in choosing a builder.

DSnut,

In my humble opinion, the true dune culture cant be cross-related to Politics or Organized religion. What you see on these forums, relates to about only 10% of what the true culture is in my mind. If you have ever experienced DS Days, that will give you a good idea what it really is like.

Wish I could post more, but I would end up writing a book. Good luck.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ok, ok I give. It is a Saturday. I will be riding tomorrow at Winchester Bay with Scatterbrain and Dragondj. Life is good. Thanks for putting up with my constant analizing............ hmmmmmm, does analysis actually start with ****........? Thats ironic![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Have a good weekend guys!

Ron

Old 01-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Ok, ok I give. It is a Saturday. I will be riding tomorrow at Winchester Bay with Scatterbrain and Dragondj. Life is good. Thanks for putting up with my constant analizing............ hmmmmmm, does analysis actually start with ****........? Thats ironic![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Don't throw in the towel now, I just got in the door from the ride you sent me out on![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I might have gone anyway but you definitely help make up my mind. I was just bumming around and surfing the net, wasting a day, but thanks to you I got out and enjoyed with my boy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Enjoy your trip out tomorrow. I'll be watching football, especially since I missed last weekend due to MLK.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ace,

Glad you had a good time out riding...... however I can't take credit for your decision. Only you can do that. These are just words on a forum from a bunch of very different personalities. (No, I don't have multiple personalities)

Sorry to bore you but time with your son is irreplaceble.

Ron[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Military Rider

Oh, you weren't boring me. You were making me think, waaay too hard![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Needed to be chillin', not thinkin'.
Thanks

Old 01-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: aceisback
I am curious who wouldn't help with the turbo? Was it KMS or a dealer? Also, who was snickering? Was it competition or bystanders or who?
Ron
As for the other question, he was quite peeved as it was KMS and he had spent a chunk of money on the system and they wouldn't give him the time of day. Kind of swayed my opinion on their customer service. Hell, they were right there...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Ace, are we talking about the yellow turbo DS who camped with us(Was his name Dan?)? If so his turbo was purchased from TVI. It sounds like his motor was a mixture of parts. He showed us his previous damaged piston which was from Alba, and now he is running a TVI piston. On Saturday at the hill when he had all the issues with his turbo I pretty sure he talked to Gary from TVI and not Kelly from KMS. Gary response to the turbo issues was, " thats what happens to race motors."

While it is possible, I highly doubt Kelly from KMS would of been unsupportive. Over the phone his customer service is top notch, and so far I have seen him at DS days and MLK glamis helping out his customers.

Quick Reply: Results from MLK!!!