CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Results from MLK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results from MLK!!!

Originally posted by: Sandaholic
Originally posted by: aceisback
As for the other question, he was quite peeved as it was KMS and he had spent a chunk of money on the system and they wouldn't give him the time of day. Kind of swayed my opinion on their customer service. Hell, they were right there...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Ace, are we talking about the yellow turbo DS who camped with us(Was his name Dan?)? If so his turbo was purchased from TVI. It sounds like his motor was a mixture of parts. He showed us his previous damaged piston which was from Alba, and now he is running a TVI piston. On Saturday at the hill when he had all the issues with his turbo I pretty sure he talked to Gary from TVI and not Kelly from KMS. Gary response to the turbo issues was, " thats what happens to race motors."

While it is possible, I highly doubt Kelly from KMS would of been unsupportive. Over the phone his customer service is top notch, and so far I have seen him at DS days and MLK glamis helping out his customers.

Hey Scott, I may very well have been mistaken on the munufacturer,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I just know Dan was some kind of pissed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] We had spoken of both systems, hence my probable confusion. And yes, that piston was some kind of UGLY.
Several folks have chimed in in the defense of KMS so please let me be the first to apologize if I misspoke. No harm was intended to either party, just laying out some of the goings on of the weekend.
Thanks for correcting my mistake and clearing a name if indeed what I said may have led some astray.

See you at Dumont here soon. We may even go next weekend as my wife has a weekend away planned with one of her girlfriends.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

i will not drop names on anyone on here to embarras them or to make them look stupid, i dont know what all was done to help dan out after i left but until the point of me leaving a whole bunch of people found it funny that it blew up. sure we all laughed at the sand rail upside down on the hill but thats after he flipped it back over and took off again. As far as how much money people have in there bikes , i think thats what blurrs their vision when it comes down to it. I have spent about 13000 threw hpr and i would rather see the bikes run side by side with someone instead of the being beat by 10 lengths or beating someone by 10. its a whole lot more exciting to have 2 run side by side back and forth up the hill than to see the race over before it starts. My last words about what took place was it was not the manufacturer of the turbo i was talking about. with that said i will be keeping my bikes atleast to see if there is any differences in june at pismo

Old 01-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Glad to hear that you're sticking it out for awhile 2Big. Something tells me you'll be around for quite some time. Isn't it your frame that headed North???
That still sucks people found amusment in Dan's turbo blowing. I just hope it wasn't the DS community. You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer guy. He readily volunteered any parts he could to help out all who were experiencing misfortunes of their own.

Old 01-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There was a lot that happened with Dan before his motor went!!! He had a sleeved jug also. He was a great guy and I hope to talk to him in the future.

Old 01-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amen 2Big. Nothing like some good old tire rubbing competition. Glad to here your sticking with us. You need to make it to Ds days this year!!

Old 01-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Military Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER

Amen 2Big. Nothing like some good old tire rubbing competition.
Boy you ain't never lyin'. Only 27 days, 16 hours til DAYTONA.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] WooFreakingHoo![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] How bad have you got it???

Old 01-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dan just called me Ace!!! Big shock his sleeve droped!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

He was running the wrong gas Im sure!!!!! He went all of 3 miles

Old 01-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

I am sure Gary will stand behind his work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Really sucks, seems like a really nice guy. Mario and I really felt like crap for having to wake him up to get his NOS parts. As soon as we told him what we needed he jumped off the sofa and started yanking parts off his quad!

Old 01-23-2006, 02:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What?! Another sleeve dropped? About three weeks ago we were discussing sleeves and builders who use them. There were plenty of avid "sleeve" and "sleeving builder" defenders. Unless this proves to be untrue, doesn't this shake your confidence even a little?

It would mine.

Ron[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Results from MLK!!!