CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Results from MLK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results from MLK!!!

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I don't know anything about the rules, but I did assume that if you won your class then you were a contendor for KOTH. Do the rules exclude both the big bore and the small bore power adder class's from competing in the KOTH?

If not, then what is the problem?

Also, If anyone knows where the official rules for 4SW's are, I would like to review them.

Ron

Please note carefully the class changes. Elimination of Bolt On Classes. Raising of the "Under" class displacement to 535cc. Creation of "Power Adder" Classes, 225lb class, FSW Chick Class. Added Open Chassis Class. Builders Class will run VP Red (112 Octane or similar)

225lb Rider Class

This class will include both the under 535cc and over 535cc bikes together and must have a 225lb rider (as ready to ride) on board. Class rules are to be followed are either stock bore/stroke, modified or open class bikes. We will allow 15lbs of ballast weight to be added to a rider to make weight. Ballast can only be carried on a backpack type device.

FSW Chick Class

Class Rules:

1. Must be a Chick!

2. Class rules will follow either the Stock Bore/Stroke or Modified class rules. Only change being is we will have both the 535cc and Under running with the 536cc and Over as a combined class.

We need a sponsor for this class!! $100 buys your name on the trophy for the first FSW Chick Class!!!

535cc Under (Stock Bore/Stock Stroke)

Internal mods, bolt on mods, no power adders (nitrous/turbo). Gas only class (no alcohol). Any compression piston and/or cam can be run in this class. Must maintain OEM original bore and stroke size for the year the quad was built.

535cc Under (Modified)

This class is an all-motor class. Gas only, no alcohol. No power adders (nitrous/forced induction) and no nitromethane. Oxygenated fuels acceptable.

535cc Under (Builders Class)

All the rules of the Modified class with the exception that FSW officials will supply VP C12 or equivalent race fuel for all competitors in this class. All bikes must be empty of fuel prior to eliminations. FSW or its sponsors will provide fuel free of charge.

535cc Under (Open)

This class is for all 4 stroke quads 535cc's or less. Any engine mods, any fuel, any additives. NO Power Adders (nitrous, turbo, supercharger).

535cc Under Power Adder Class

Anything goes class. Any fuel, any additive, any motor mods, nitrous, turbo, any power adder.

536cc & Over Stock Bore/Stock Stroke Class

Internal mods, bolt on mods, no power adders (nitrous/turbo). Gas only class (no alcohol). Any compression piston and/or cam can be run in this class. Must maintain OEM original bore and stroke size.

536cc & Over Modified

This is the big bore, internal and bolt-on mod class. Gas only. (No power adders like nitrous/turbo). Oxygenated fuel ok.

536cc & Over (Builders Class)

All the rules of the Modified class with the exception that FSW officials will supply VP C12 or equivalent race fuel for all competitors in this class. All bikes must be empty of fuel prior to eliminations. FSW or its sponsors will provide fuel free of charge.

536cc & Over Open

This class is for all 4 stroke quads 536cc's or over. Any engine mods, any fuel, any additives. NO Power Adders (nitrous, turbo, supercharger).

536cc & Over Power Adder Class

Anything goes class. Any fuel, any additive, any motor mods, nitrous, turbo, any power adder.

Open Chassis Class

New class created for FSW V. Any chassis. Engine must be a single cylinder OEM production motor from an off-road (moto-x, enduro) or ATV manufacturer. No sport bike or multi-cylinder motors in this class. Any engine mods, any fuel, any additives. NO Power Adders (nitrous, turbo, supercharger).

Unlimited Class

Anything goes using a 4 stroke motor of any kind. Any chassis, any motor, any fuel, any power adder. This is a 1st place only class. This class will not be eligible for the King of the Hill Class. King of the Hill was designed for OEM chassis/OEM motor bikes.

KING OF THE HILL CLASS

Pits the first place finisher of all classes (except Unlimited & Open Chassis) in a best two out of three winners takes all series for FSW KING OF THE HILL WORLD CHAMPION

Old 01-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

That's right KING OF THE HILL pits winners from "ALL" classes except unlimited and open chassis. We won the 536+ power adder class which made us completely eligable for King of the Hill. By the way the monster 450 honda we ran for two out of three was on serious Nitromethane. Isn't that a power adder? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The rider of that bike shook hands with Randall and said good job.

We ran by their rules and and it their back yard. They had nos bikes too but they wouldnt hold together. I'm quite sure the rules will change for next year watch and see.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer

I would like to know why the rules DONT let the bikes from the open chassis,and unlimited classes run in KING OF THE HILL
The rules seem to have helped the winner of KOTH Im shure your DS is VERY fast But is it fast enuff to beat the open chassis and unlimited class atv's I think the FASTEST atv on the hill should be KOTH
Drag racing is to prove WHO"S WHO IN THE ZOO and they didnt let all the animals run
WHY

Old 01-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

KOTH is for factory frame, factory motor, production quad. We all know the Busa was awesome at 106mph.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Originally posted by: MisterHP
KOTH is for factory frame, factory motor, production quad. We all know the Busa was awesome at 106mph.
Insane comes to mind here. I know Ultralights aren't allowed at Glamis but if they were to put wings on that Busa it would have been a fighter jet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Could probably jump further over Snake River than Evil Kneivel did. If you blinked during his runs you missed it.

Within the current rules Pigs Flew, plain and simple.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: MisterHP
AKOTH is for factory frame, factory motor, production quad. We all know the Busa was awesome at 106mph.
Thats my point the Busa was wicked and it was faster than the DS so it should be KOTH
KOTH should stand for KING OF THE HILL not ALMOST KING OF THE HILL the DS was NOT the fastest bike

Old 01-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

[i]KOTH should stand for KING OF THE HILL not ALMOST KING OF THE HILL the DS was NOT the fastest bike

Sure it was. Once again, "within the current rules" apply here.
It's like when you go to a SuperCross race or Quad Wars and they have the jet car that throws flames and burns $hit up. Everyone hoots and hollars because it's exciting, but it can't compete because it doesn't fit within certain parameters. Like Eric stated, watch and see if they don't change the rules for next year. It was fun to watch and all but didn't meet the guidelines set forth. It will next year and hopefully a dozen of those freaks of nature show up. It was quite the show.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Maybe they should change the rules and let 2-strokes run to, I mean even if they aren't 4 strokes, if they would have been the quickest up the hill, they should be king of the hill.

If you decide to play the game, you agree to play by the rules. Whoever gets to the finish line first while playing by the rules is the winner of that contest.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: aceisback
[i]KOTH should stand for KING OF THE HILL not ALMOST KING OF THE HILL the DS was NOT the fastest bike

Sure it was. Once again, "within the current rules" apply here.
It's like when you go to a SuperCross race or Quad Wars and they have the jet car that throws flames and burns $hit up. Everyone hoots and hollars because it's exciting, but it can't compete because it doesn't fit within certain parameters. Like Eric stated, watch and see if they don't change the rules for next year. It was fun to watch and all but didn't meet the guidelines set forth. It will next year and hopefully a dozen of those freaks of nature show up. It was quite the show.
Then I could have sand drag races and make my own rules so I win and call myself KOTH even if Im not the fastest bike out One person even called him world champion! Nobody set forth an invitation to the world to go to FSW So thats a false statement just like KOTH Im not dissing anybody but FACTS ARE FACTS he was not the fastest atv on the hill so how could he be KOTH
Also about jet cars burning $hit up NOT FUN Maybe you just need a IQ low enuff to like that stuff or live in a trailer park in the south and need a place to take your sister on a date

Old 01-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

OK guys, Eric called this one.

Copied from the official site.

Next year the King Class will be motor only, that was an oversight on my part.

Quick Reply: Results from MLK!!!