CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My DS let me down agian. This sucks.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My DS let me down agian. This sucks.

so what your saying is keep the battery on a charge all the time and it should always start right up ? do you have a ds650?

Old 01-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

He has one listed in his signature......... It has to be deeper than mere battery charge condition. That will cause a myriad of problems but the guys that are having this trouble are definitely smart enough to keep their batteries charged up.

Ron

Old 01-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

that cant be it...mrneg has his on a tender all the time and it still crapped out....plus mine was shot from the first day i bought it...when i brought it in for the electrical...they said it was all fine..as soon as i brought it home..it did it again...

i will list my exact symptoms from day 1 like a journal..so we can compare and end this mysterious ds disaster...

MAY 04
BOUGHT NEW..WITHIN FIRST WK...BLOWN FRONT HEAD LIGHT AND MOTOR WOULD JUST CLICK DURING STARTING AFTER A FEW DAYS A SITTING..

JUNE...TOOK TO DEALER...FOUND NOTHING, TOOK IT HOME AND I STILL WOULD CLICK CLICK AND DIE SOMETIMES AND OTHER TIMES IT WOULD START..WHATEVER..

JULY...BACK TO DEALER..CANT FIND ANYTHING

NEW BATTERY..RODE OK FOR A FEW MONTHS

OCTOBER...DEAD, NOTHING WORKED. JUMPED IT AND WOULD ONLY RUN WITH LIGHTS ON..STRANGE...SO I BOUGHT A NEW BATTERY AGAIN AND A REG(PROCOMM)

EVERYTHING WAS GREAT THOUGHT IT WAS FIXED

DECEMBER..STARTED IT AND DROVE IT ON TRAILER..DROVE TO THE RIDING SPOT TRIED TO UNLOAD IT...DEAD---CLICK-CLICK..IT WAS FINE AN HOUR BEFORE---WEIRD

BOUGHT A TENDER AND ANOTHER REG

PRESENT..AS OF THIS WK I PUT THE NEW REG AND KEEPING IT TENDERED AND IT IS FINE, BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT FOR LONG...SOMETHING HAS TO BE CAUSING THIS!!!!!!!

CAN A CDI CAUSE THIS? MINE IS STOCK

ALSO WHEN I SHUT IT OFF WITH THE ON/OFF SWITCH IT STOPS A LITTLE RUFF, LIKE CLANKING, BUT IF I USE THE KEY TO SHUT IT DOWN IT GOES DOWN SMOOTH...COULD THIS HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT?

Old 01-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

chris yours sounds just like my problems but I bought my new in 2003 (May) and had it in the shop May,June,July,Aug for the same thing everytime and they told me everything is fine !!!!!!! well in my eyes everything isn't fine!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there recalls on these bikes or anything that anyone knows of... checking into that right now... also what is a CDI ?

Old 01-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Uh...... CDI stands for Contraption Deemed Infernal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry... I am writing this stuff for my husband... he doesn't have internet access but he is trying to figure out the problem his bike is having so I wasn't sure if he would know what CDI was or not. Thanks

Old 01-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

If I remember correctly Bigger is Better had a problem with his only running while the light was on. He fixed it so maybe he will chime in. I had problems on a DS I was doing some work on but I powder coated it and it wasnt grounding correctly. I have no idea on this one guys sorry

Old 01-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Awww! Now I feel like crap![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Sorry for the sarcasm. I don't know what CDI actually stands for. I just call it "TLBBOTLSOMGT" (The Little Black Box On The Left Side Of My Gas Tank)

That is much easier to remember than "CDI"![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

That is really nice of you to get on the forum to help him out like this.

Ron[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

It's ok.. he is a construction worker and doesnt have internet at work and I have access all day long... but then I am also a rider myself so it's not to bad I enjoy it :-)

Thanks for you help ~

Old 01-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

I took my DS to the dealer to get the bearings replaced in the rear axle under warranty. I also told them about the battery going dead. They had checked it out at that time and said it was fine.I replaced the stock battery with a odyssey 545 as I thought the stock one was bad. I have had three different cdi's .Stock, Procom ( which ended up wiping out my sparg clutch ) and now the RWR. With all three CDI's I have had this battery going dead problem. I leave my $100.00 special agm battery charger at all times while it is in the garage and only take it off to go riding. After replacing the battery and getting the special charger I rode for about 3 months with no problems.I thought the problem was fixed and them wham back to the same old crap yesterday. I probably will take the Quad again to the dealer but I know whats going to happen. They will tell me that its fine again or maybe that something needed replacing and then I get it home and it happens. DEAD.

Quick Reply: My DS let me down agian. This sucks.