CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Boon Docker ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boon Docker ???

doesn't really matter how many.... we REALLY need to know how many. To be safe, you should really have a forged piston for the higher numbers. A ten pony shot on cast pistons would probably not hurt a bit. Just make sure that you are starting at the .5in per 5hp on your Manometer. That is a real good starting point. I still run at .5 or just a scratch under for my optimum setting.

Good luck

Old 01-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boon Docker ???

First of all, if you have NO EXPERIENCE with the Boondocker system, START WITH SOMETHING FOOL PROOF, like a 10hp shot or a 15hp shot. Nearly any quad can take 15hp or 20hp shot. But above 20, and you really start to have to look at piston, crank, and other components durability. And be aware that is not as much about what the durability of the quad components, but how well the ower knows how to tune it - I am talking about the Boondocker system here. At the very least, the owner needs to know how to tune with the manometer. If not, it wont matter how big the shot the motor can take, because the cylinder will have already been squeeked by the owner's lack of knowlege.

I could go on, but I think that I'll just leave it there.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boon Docker ???

I was told that my 25 nozzal was only providing me an 8 hp gain by some calculations on paper, but mammometer is dialed in rite around 3. two and a half passes and the bottle is gone thats not 20 second passes either.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boon Docker ???

2big, I would bet your solenoid is not closing all the way. If you get any sand in it, it will damage the plastic closer, and not seal completely. Turn the bike off, open the bottle, hit the button then listen and see if its still hissing.

You should be getting alot more use out of that bottle. Well heck I didnt ask what size bottle. But if its a 2.5, you should be getting lots more than that.

8hp from the 5 hole huh? And i'm hung like a horse!

Old 01-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boon Docker ???

I think that Oregon and I are saying the same thing. Oregon, look at my previous post.... again, start with the suggested 10, get your belt tightened up on that and then go up from there (as per my previous). Before you go crazy though.... check to see what pistons you have. Forged or Cast make a big difference on the bigger shots.

2big. Your 25shot should produce more than you are getting. And WASTING your bottle too quickly. Dial that Meter setting to 2.5 at the idle punch and go from there. BD systems run horrible when not in the "ZONE". You won't need to be hammered all the time when it's right. Running it too rich can be like not running it at all. When I dyno'd on the JUICE I set on the 2.5inch mark exactly with no tuning and it produced 20-21hp at the rear. (running a 2 whole and a 3 whole)

Old 01-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boon Docker ???

i have the baby 12 oz bottle, and then when i need a quick fix i run the hose to my backpack where there is a back up 2 and a half lb bottle

Old 01-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boon Docker ???

Ahh now that makes alot more sense. We always thought with as much juice as we go through, just put our 20lb weekender in a backpack with a line going into it. Heck you could spray for an entire ride, duning at mach 1, oh ya I can see it now.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boon Docker ???

650 you just solved the mounting problem for me. im gonna pull out my scuba gear and just mount that bottle to my back. i am the only certified diver with 5000 dolars of equipment that does not like sharks, not afraid of them, just dont like them. other than a weekend in catalina my scuba gear has not logged any more time in the water. scuba gear for racing. right on bro

Old 01-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boon Docker ???

Bahahahahaha, "Honey, I thought we were going to the dunes, what are you doing with all that scuba gear?". "Uh.......................Uh...................... .well.............ya see.......................this guys said..........................uh.................. ...............that I could use........................uh..................... .......my oxygen bottle to put.....................well...................... nitrous in.......................cuz ya see......................I keep running out of...........................well nitrous..............................and ya see..............................this thing here.....................well..................... ....it can hold alot more." "Oh no your not, if your wearing that i'm staying home". LOL!!!

Old 01-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boon Docker ???

are we related or what. you hit the conversation rite on the head word for word. atleast she could not complain about not using the equipment anymore. I was so stoked about becoming a diver so i could ride at pismo for a while then run over to avila 15 minutes away from pismo and dive around the pier, well shortly after getting certified a lady was killed by a shark while swimming at avila beach. they said she was swimming with the sealions which is a no no. but if they got her, they would definitely make a ten course meal out of me. one good thing about it im so big the waters would be real save becouse the shark would be real full when he got done.

Quick Reply: Boon Docker ???