CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dual Lectron's for the DS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Lectron's for the DS

jacket I think some of us are having a hard time trying to figure out where you are coming from sometimes, don't wanna get off on the wrong foot or anything but in some posts you try to talk serious tech leaving out just enough words to make any good sense and asking funny questions to boot, then on others like this one you act as though you know exactly what's up, all the while being an infomercial for HPR. so what is up? and what do you ride?

Also, welcome to the forum.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

I am not sure Yjacket is new to the forum. Something awfully familiar about him..............

Old 02-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Jaket- I dont know where you are comming from, But little do you know alot of us on here have dynoed all kinds of different stuff for the rotax ds motor big bore to small bore. You talk like your well knoledged of the ds motor and the lectron 46mm. Since you have so much experience with this carb, you MUST have dyno proof.. So tell me how the dyno curves are between a TM45 and a lectron 46mm. Or 48mmTM VS 48mm lectron. Or 39s compared to a 48 single? Please help us learn. We are all new at this.lol

I dont know if vjacket is really from Florida my crystal ball tells me.LOL I sure wish the mods could substantiate this yfzer.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Pro Rider

Old 02-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Pro Rider

Old 02-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
Hightower,

I have a 1997 BMW 650ST (bought Jan/97), the same rotax engine as Bomabadier except 2 exhausts and a cat. Currently there is nothing on market performance wise that works for the motorcycle rotax engine, except Keinin 39mm duals which is not a very good carb except for fully built race engines for single altitude level race tracks. I made a cold call to HPR by email frantically searching for a reasonably robust fsc carb alternative as there were none for the street legal motorcycles of your Rotax engine. I found the atv market is where all the performance technology is at. I'm sorry after searching for several years I have enthusiasm for a HPR product that is unique for my particular function and the only one with reasonable support levels for non-experts. But now, I find there are so many performance alternatives that were not possible before, that I need to research each one in combinational attributes to figure how to configure my bike and in what order (reliability, smooth throttle range, and 'street legal' key factors). I am trying to understand and filter the truth base on my needs which are unique and a new application (Street legal). I appreciate the wealth of expertise here.

Are those reasons acceptable? Maybe we can ask moderator to have open information on all member ID's upon request. I hope your concerns are addressed for whatever reason they are a problem to you.

No need to ask a moderator. Anytime someone comes on the forum and covers their profile, there is always concern they have something to hide. There are a lot of members who go around under false user names. I know when I am interacting with people I want to know who I'm dealing with. Rob[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RobandDS
I am not sure Yjacket is new to the forum. Something awfully familiar about him..............

It's seems that way with a few new members around here lately.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yfzjacket- What size carbs were on your bmw before the lectron? Do you have a pic? I wonder how they would work on a ds motor.

EDIT: I saw where you said the carbs are 36mm. But at least if your in florida you dont have to worry about elevation.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Old 02-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the info... The newer f650 have efi I wonder if you could hook that system up to your bike and have the best of both worlds... Have you thought about putting an hpr 730 jug on your bike? Wonder if it would work.

Quick Reply: Dual Lectron's for the DS