CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dual Lectron's for the DS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Lectron's for the DS

Old 02-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Lectron's for the DS

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
Hightower,

Are those reasons acceptable? Maybe we can ask moderator to have open information on all member ID's upon request. I hope your concerns are addressed for whatever reason they are a problem to you.
I never questioned your ID. I do however understand now, I was looking at your posts from a DS standpoint and didn't think of the BMW. No way to tell due to lack of profile or signature info, and like Roband said there has been alot of funny stuff going on lately but sorry for the confusion.

My comment earlier about the carb comments being hilarious were from a DS standpoint, there are other carbs that can be successfully used at all altitudes besides Lectrons, but you are right there is nobody "guaranteeing" tune.

My experience with flatslides at altitude is limited to a Mikuni HSR only, on DS and Raptor both, and in either case they hold tune very well and have no immediate need of retuning going to high altitude other than for peek performance race conerns. An HSR properly tuned for sea level on a DS can go to 8,000feet without significant problems running just fine for fire roads and trails and dunes alike, and only needs retuned if you are concerned about a few lost ponies in a race situation, which of course is totally understandable. I frequent high altitude and this is my exerience. Where people run into altitude problems with HSR's stems from the removal of accelerator pumps to alleviate thumb fatigue, and then running a rich needle too high to make up for lost throttle response, which causes havoc at altitude. There are those that will disagree with this, but this is my experience.