CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HPR Race Head - Wayyy more than you'd expect

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPR Race Head - Wayyy more than you'd expect

Wow, man I am sorry........You really did not deserve that to happen. Good luck

Old 02-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Dude i hurting for you that sucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] And i as mario has have had a grenade too it sucks but hp is a good co.so at least your in good hands...And yes offer up a list of parts required to put her back in shape i have 4 stock cams and 2 stock pistons that you are welcome too!!!! if nothing else there brand new cores??????

Old 02-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

I am sick about it. But that doesn't mean that I'm putting the blame on any one or any thing. Simply put, that's not me.
I appreciate all the PM's voicing your sorrow and giving me a shoulder to lean on. This is one of those things that I and HPR will learn from. I've gotten lots of phone calls and messages today with lot's of "you didn't deserve this". Thanks for that, and know that your words, from everyone, are appreciated.

Sandaholic, yes, you put spring buckets on the top and bottom of all the head/cam assemblies. The Race Head doesn't get them because an area is built in the head so that you don't use them on the intake side. No, I didn't get direction for those of you who asked. But then I wasn't asking for them either. This was an oversite. Not an intensional act by any conceivable stretch of the imagination. Mr. HP's support today has been tremendous.... WAY more than was expected. Randall's emails gave me hope and he wasn't even supposed to be BOMB guy today.

Just one of those things boys....

While I'm at it, I'd like to give a huge thank you to my wife. Even though she'll never see this post, she deserves one. She gave me an email today from work letting me know how bad she felt for me. She understood why I was sad and gave me a pass for working into the night on the mess of metals that once was a motor.
This is nothing in the scheme of things. I have my family and friends, they're healthy and completely supportive. What more could a guy want.

Thanks again, to everyone for your thoughts and opinions.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Mike, I really feel for you man...Been there a few times myself..If you need anything, let me know..

Old 02-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mike, I have the utmost respect for you man. I will be the first to say that I really honor your stand on this whole situation. I wish I had the needed parts to make it right. But as it has been stated, I would hope that Eric and Randall will definitely make this right for you. We need guys like you on our side in the atv world. Your a champ. Hang in there man.

Choose

Old 02-07-2006, 12:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Holy Crap BigDaddy I'm mega sorry to hear this. Good luck man, I'm sure HPR will work something out with ya, you deserve it.

That's really cool of your wife to be so understanding, mine would kill me for blowing so much money and then seeing it all get flushed!

I am curious about the spring bottom arrangement you speak of - what exactly do the springs lie on, if not a typical spring bottom? They can't be just sitting on the aluminum. tell us more about this area built in to the head, to satisfy intrigue.

On a side note, I recently just narrowly escaped a similair demise - I broke some intake valve springs but luckily none of it came apart and no valve dropped into the cylinder. But my valves and retainers were beat to crap from the short time it ran with the outers broke and nothing more than the inner srings holding it together. I must be about the luckiest guy in the world man.

Again, good luck.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

What can I say again Mike?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ANYTHING you need just give a call.
I was there for the aftermath. VERY UGLY . Mike handled himself with dignity and class, didn't blame a sole!! He took it like a real stand up guy. MR. HP you guys could turn this around and make some real points with this crowd. Hope you could help this BROTHER out!!
Mike didn't know me from adam, and when he heard I needed a trailer that he happened to have, he offered it up!! Helped me out BIG TIME!! So guys BigDaddy Mike IS the kind of guy
worthy of all our help. I'll be in touch Mike

Bud

Old 02-07-2006, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was quite a large oversite. I hope the HPR guys work with you on getting up and running.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

[quote]
Originally posted by: Hightower

I am curious about the spring bottom arrangement you speak of - what exactly do the springs lie on, if not a typical spring bottom? They can't be just sitting on the aluminum. tell us more about this area built in to the head, to satisfy intrigue.

A spring cup is machined and pressed into the head on the intake side because the porting breaks through that area, when it does there is meat(spring cup) to cut into for propper port shape. The machined spring cup is basiclly the same color as the head where the normal spring cups are black.

I sent the head with correct machine cups in place on the intake and exhaust side but when Mike put it together he noticed no "black" spring cups on the intake side. So he setup the head like he would any other and added the black cups to the intake side. This created coil bind because the spring installed height was too tight not leaving enough room for cam lift. When the spring stopped and the cam kept pushing it pulled the valve in half.

This was a good example of lack of communication. I assumed Bigdaddy would just drop his springs on the head and he assumed I forgot to put the spring cups on the intake side. Not to worry its all fixable and Bigdaddy will be running soon!

Old 02-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Range Rover
Keeps busy in the garage building one thing or another.

Its good to hear bigdaddy will be back up and running. Also another good reason to stick with one builder.

Quick Reply: HPR Race Head - Wayyy more than you'd expect