CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HPR Race Head - Wayyy more than you'd expect

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPR Race Head - Wayyy more than you'd expect

Ok smart guy! I am not going to further corrupt this thread with recreational debate. Instead I will simply leave you with this:

"Dan" & "That's what race engines do...."

Ron[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

HPR has a web site with parts and the prices, if they don't want to sell them carryout because it eats up too much profit without the install they shouldn't show them. I've talked with Eric and Randall both, very nice guys They want their products to perform no matter who does the install. If they insist on installing all their own product I feel they would lose a lot of business because some people just can't scrape up the cash for the labor rate on something they could do themselves with just a little info. This HPR provides in spades[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Its too bad this happened ,but maybe it wil be a learing experience for the next guy who will ask "Is there anything special I need to know about?" And they can save themselves some cash and heartache.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Some guys have the builders touch and can save money, others like me have to learn the hard way. The way i always believed it to be, if they build it , its on them, if i build it, its on me. Alot of other builders have been slammed for the same thing. But in this case i believe it is a little different. if u beileve its the builders responsability for everything(like someone i know) then HRP should fix this, but if u believe its the owners responsabilty then its on the consumer. me personally, i think there will be alot of give and take from both, both are first class people...

Old 02-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BigShow,

That was a pretty clever bait and switch. I will have to keep a closer eye on you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

lol Ron

Old 02-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Haven't had a chance to post since some of the recent comments. So I hope that I can speak intelligently to as many post as possible.
First and foremost, thanks again for all the support. I don't mean support as in "way to go, get HPR". I haven't received a lot of email or PM saying things like that. Most have been supportive in a much more caring way. Many of you have given me their condolances over the motor, and letting me know that if I needed anything to give them a call. You can't by that kind of support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Next, it truely was a miscommunication. Randall, Eric and myself had talked so much about other issues related to HPR and quads, that it just didn't occur to anyone until it was too late. HPR's service has been first rate. Wait... that's not fair, it's been more than first rate. It's been personal, it's been genuine, and it's been fair. Not sure that I have ever had such service from anyone or in any arena in my life.

No, I did not put the blame on anyone, nor do I draw fault with anyone. This is something that happened. Don't think that this was and HPR flaw, or that they didn't care enough to take the time to tell me about the spring cup. NO ONE outside of Randall and Eric have installed this head. We have both learned from this, and we will both be better off. HPR has put EVEN MORE fail safes into this particular head sales. The future of sales will be different for this head. Not wanting to go into their business, you can contact HPR for the details. I have learned that no matter how much you know, you don't know everything. Ask questions!!!

WE ARE a tight community, and with the exception of a few riffs here and their, we stand up and help each other like no other community that I have been a part of. I've only ever tried to help others, and others have helped me. Mario is right, my lift is open to whom ever needs it. I've never charged a DS Brother and for that matter a Yamy, Suzuki, Kawi brother either.

I'm just a regular guy that had a bad afternoon. No more, no less.... Some very good friends have made it easier to digest. This is not the end of the world, and there are thousands of guys just like me who's motor went south. I don't deserve any of this... and my post was not ment to call anyone to the matt. It was an informational post at best. Those who are involved with this motor have been nothing short of amazing.

Lastly, I'd like to take a quick opportunity to thank some people for doing more than I could ever imagine them doing.

Mario, for his support through all of this - you are amazing. You helped me keep the eye on the ball. It's been a tough week and a half besides the motor eruption, and therapy came in a way I would never have thought. Your ability to make me think about your chasis, my chasis and everything else BUT the motor, made this last week a little better - Thanks Ninja.

Eric, your personal calls and support meant alot. The fact that you trust me as your own mechanic means alot. I assure you that the other project will be handled RIGHT! But you know that already.
Bomber, your genuine support and honesty in a world of fraud is breathtaking. You will never know what your heart and soul has meant to me at a time in which the world seemed very cruel.
Randall, your wisdom and support through much more than this little blip has.... well, you know already. Thanks.

Those that know me know that much more was lost in the last week and a half than a HPR730. A heart felt thank you goes out to my friends. Your support means much more than you know.

Let's put this to bed and talk about other stuff. So.... who's going to Planet Sand? I think that a couple of BOMBs are going to throw down a moppin in a big way!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Big D you are a true gentleman[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hope that neither you nor anyone else think that I'm blameing HPR for what happened to you. It was just an oversight.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Mike,

well let me know when you get that DS going. Me and you gotta race...I still want to take you up on that offer if I can ship a DS to your place. If it's still not up and running I'll bring my Craptor and you can ride my DS. I am confident you will have the means to get that motor up and running soon. I need to get a FULL tour of Dumont. Jack didn't like it as much as Amargosa, but the again he is a timid rider. I want to climb that insane wall!!!

Hang in there bro

"Prayer and Hope"

Old 02-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

"Prayer and Hope"...... now your just showin' off.

You're going to give up all my secrets Entomber.

No worries Paint. Wasn't even a though quite frankly.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BigShow,

That was a pretty clever bait and switch. I will have to keep a closer eye on you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

lol Ron
lol, it wasnt intentional, but it worked out well...lol.......ill take it...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: HPR Race Head - Wayyy more than you'd expect