CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds rear shock, please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds rear shock, please help

Hi I have a question about the ds rear shock
I need to know if it needs to be rebuilt or re filled or just set up wrong

when I first got it i set the spring stiffer and then it was bouncy so I set the bottom adjust ment more clockwise
which helped from it spring back up but the rezy I turned clock wise to get the compression high so it goes down slower but when i shove down on the back handle it goes down really fast but comes up slowly

which way do you turn the rezivior adjustment clock wise or counter clock wise?
I checked and the shock does not leak so what would cause this, do I just need a shot of nitrogen.

Thanks

Old 02-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds rear shock, please help

OK first righty tighty lefty loosey.

Next the adjustment on the rezzy is the compression adjustment. That controls the you on the way down. The adjustment at the bottom is the rebound. Controls on the way up. If you are bottoming out you need to tighten your compression... tighten the adjustment on the rezzy. If your too hard on landings you need less compression. Loosen rezzy adjuster. If your rear is packing up you need a little less rebound... loosen your bottom adjustment. If your are bouncing side to side off whoops, you need more rebound... loosen bottom.

You also need to set your ride height... I think I have about 5 inches of sag. Pull the bike all the way up and measure at the grab bar. Sit on it jump around a little and measure. 5 inches of sag from the top. Set that with the collar on the spring. Then adjust the shock to comfort.

If it is still not dampening at all, then you should have a look into rebuilding it.