CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Banshee wars 3 @ Dumont 4 stroke class

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 01:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee wars 3 @ Dumont 4 stroke class

Banshee wars 3 @ Dumont 4 stroke class
Well, I got back about 2 hours ago.. Waited ALL day for the thumpers to race just get get told that its too late and dark. I met Sand45 (cool dude) was very upset understandably for driving from oregon to race And he had a jocky ready to rip like the rest of us. There was a HUGE turnout of 2 strokes and a bunch of fast 4 strokes but the 4 baangers just waited for nothin, I guess I cant complain, I had a great time anyways. Sand45 had to turn off his OWN camera due to some funny stuff happening in front of us (Al I know why you were chillin around that , cough, cough, you know what im sayin... I wont go there though(LMAO). Phatblack was running with that green yfz.. He gained SEVERAL length with his changes, He put in a billet cam and +4 swingarm and a few other little things. Phatblack was going 58-59mph ... Good job Aaron!! Beachman is a great dude and I gave him the opportunity to ride my sled. I think he really loved it but couldnt quite admit it. My son said thanks for the hat sonnyboy. Next time it will be pismo in the nice cool weather... Now to the good stuff, We were irritated that there were no races for us so, I asked my buddy from Utah to run his TRX550 I thought he was one of the fastest there and initially thought he was going to outrun my little stage 2.5..lol, shiiiat he was hitting 62-63mph from, what he said (The light pilot). My pilot walked past him on the big end 2 times back to back AND my pilot got a twisted holeshot, let off and still caught him (my bike with a 130 pilot did around 63-64mph.. Beech had to go home so I used hard 1s pilot to run him from f s w he is an awsome pilot ESPECIALLY when I watched him and noticed he needed to shift ALOT earlier and told him when to shift and told him it could pull third earlier. He did slot better. He ran 2nd gear all the way up the hill once and beechman looked at me a little funny, I really was cringing, What a solid motor 10+k all the way up no prob. I know beach is just as good if not better a pilot. Beech got on my bike and ripped but I dont think he got used to the gearing to the fullest cause I didnt even get used to it (2nd gear can be ran out ptretty far, but if you get a good holeshot you can shift earlier. My bike seemed like a different bike, I tested it a few times up the hill and some people lined up and raced me and I lost. I wasnt trying and didnt know my own bike cause I barely can ride it anymore due to back probs, I had to figure out the bikes new power band from the lighter parts from ondunes (sandbomber recomended drag axle plus all the other stuff he had me do) My money was well spent let me tell ya, Ive had a hard head and a one track mind and bomber finally talked me into going with his suggestions (light stuff) Bomber picked me up 6 to 8mph[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Yeah its hard to believe. But on paper I had everything dialed in for the hill... The gearing calculater ratios seem to have worked dead on. Maybe I could have used more paddle, I dont know yet. I wrote this up because I didnt want to have to call all the the homies and re hash all this crap. I will give a detailed report on the drag axle and the loss of all the rotating mass.. Thanks to bigdaddy, Sandbomber, bigger, and beech this little motor/chassis is doing decent for what it is. And AL has a little of his bike on mine. I think thats one of the longest posts ive done. I cant wait till pismo and some new changes on this little pig.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

I'll have a few videos up later.. I hope everybody will be able to see them... Hillybilly was awesome!!!!!

I was there watching from 930am, until 6 pm.. it was chaos right near the end, they ran the 4 strokes right after dark but they weren't done with the 2 strokes yet so there were 2 classes running at once...

It was suppose to be stock 4 strokes but clearly some had internal work... the last race I saw was hillbilly losing to some banshee.. I guess Hillbilly had a problem because that was his only loss...LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What up metal, too bad I missed ya.

Tim (hillbilly) ripped a tendon in his arm beacause he gave it too much gas and he seemed to be in alot of pain right before it got dark. I didnt know they were going to run after dark, I had no lights on so I couldnt have done it safely. Oh well.

Props to hillbilly he is insane.. Ill be back tomorrow, its past my bedtime.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

Yea at one point I saw him holding his hand.. I didn't know what was up but I guess that was it... See ya later. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2006, 03:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

your bike is slow and yes, i am a better rider.

good news is i was hitting 84-85mph.

best thing i heard from ol' mario all day "you made it wheelie!? how'd you do that?" it was good stuff

i had a good time, his 650 runs well although next time i get to set it up my way...lol. next time lets get some more tire on it. I kind of treated annihilater like my hoe because i was so busy with my 2-strokes. but undeniably i rode a 4-stroke and it was ok. Kind of went thuuuuuuud, shift, thuuuuuuuuud. after about 12 seconds or so i turned around and repeated [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

beachman go ahead and tell mario the truth, you know mine is faster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] how did the tires work out for you? it sounds like you had a good time mario, if your cough, cough is anything like the clifornia cough, cough i can only imagine how funny it really was. beachman if you wake up before noon and feel like coming down to pismo i will buy you a mcdonalds kids happy meal for lunch, i new you were small a couple weeks ago but 130 lbs. tell me what weekend im supposed to come back and when your ready for that 22 oz steak? who wore the thong backwards you or mario?. like i said im running over to pismo this morning for a couple of hours so give me a call.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL, Beechman is a funny funny guy for real. It must be quite a transition to jump off a 85mph bike and ride 60 on a thumper. Usually a stock bore would have trouble blowing off the 25 in 8 extremes.

2BIG- Im gonna just have to come down there and race ya.

2BIG- I ran 8 paddle extremes because I didnt have the bolt pattern right with the 10 paddles. Bigdaddy let me run his 8 extremes, Although I could have easily ran the 10 paddles. I needed them. Oh well, I still had more fun than beechman.. Too bad he missed some of the fun, I showed him a tad though.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Also, Beechman, I think the rear end was too high from the 25s.IMO.. I think I need to dump the rear shock down all the way with them tires.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mario, I didnt know there was such a thing as a fast bike at Dumont![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]Bahahahahalol, J/k That thing sounds like its flying, I cant wait to see it go.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ill be in pismo tonight. If you already leave by noon we'll meet up in pismo for presidents day. ill have the raptor back out there. Your wife said you were getting a little hairy so imma wax that sh*t for you again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

alright ill tell the truth here, sorry mario. The bike needed more tire, it didnt want to get out of its way off a launch. I was able to get it hooked up decent enough though with what we had. that bike has some potential though. Just as long as he doesnt line up with any of my yamaha's...LOL

mario is nuts, he is going to get me in trouble. Dancingqueen said to stay away from you, and that you are a bad influence. LOL

2big, during friday and saturday all i ate was 2 granola bars, and a little ham sandwich. I may just take you up on that 30oz. steak! lol

Quick Reply: Banshee wars 3 @ Dumont 4 stroke class