CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Well guys, she's gone

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well guys, she's gone

I dont speak for him, but I am pretty sure one of the contributing factors was racing - wanting a more nimble machine.

The ds just dosnt work out in every application (we can try our best, but our best efforts fall short if the machine is not capable)

Old 02-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

do yourself a favor wait for the ltr450.....

Old 02-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Their are a few people on this site that have the new ltz450r. From what I have read so far, it doesn't seem like they are jumping up and down to much. Click here.

Old 02-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

The ds is a very good machine for what it is built for, but no matter how good of a rider you are you have got to have the correct machine to be a contender. The smaller bikes are more nimble and weigh less, making them alot easier and better for gncc/mx type racing. Just like every job, you need the correct tool for the job. Anyway, Brian good luck and keep us posted.

John aka Chiknhawk

Old 02-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

enforcer I have to disagree with you on this, I have been all over the internet trying to get info on the ltr450 and everyone that has them say the samething. With the baffle in it's not great (whats the first mod everyone does...exhuast? so who cares) second the welds aren't very pritty, third the steering is right on. Then finally everyone at the end of the posts always say they wouldn't trade it for another 450. So to me thats like a great quad. But to each his own.

Old 02-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Roost!
My DS performed and held up like no other. I almost always rode it like I stole it. I maintained everything on it, though. Don't know what else would have been so free of major work with the riding I did over the last 2-1/2 years. I only had to replace the shifting forks from using the tranny to help slow me down into a turn.
The other things I've done over time, were normal things. Except for the three front ends I had to replace from not making it between trees [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It is too big and too wide for me and what I do. I wiegh 145lbs soaking wet and stand about 5'7" short. You can imagine a little guy on a big quad giving it all she had and just trying to hold on!
I know most of you guys drag race up a sand dune. The biggest hill we have is the dump. And you can't ride there. So it's off to the woods!
The guy who bought it got out of his truck and walked over to it in the back of my truck and said "Do you have the title?" And it was done.
The only thing I'm kind of bummed about is; I never listed it with the Precision Stabilizer. I wanted to keep that. Everything happened so fast with putting up for sale and selling it in 2 days, I didn't take it off. He saw the stabilizer and made a comment and I said that was coming off and was not part of the deal. It got dark and everything went quickly and he was gone. I woke up this morning and realized I didn't take it off. I called him and I'm sure you can guess what he told me.
So, I will just have to get another when I can.
I would have remained loyal to BRP but I can't wait around forever. Their secrecy kills me.
The LTR 450 is too wide as well. Good for MX maybe, but we'll have to wait and see.
As far as what is better, that is a matter of personal preference. As soon as somebody gets whatever they get, they think and brag it is the best. All the machines are just about as fast as each other in a straight line. A persons abilities and endurance will be the deciding factors. IMO

Old 02-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KIWI2
You will get a sore *** on the yamy, after being on the couch. Anyway you have made some new DS owner proud. Did ya tell him about the forum? Good luck with your new bike. Kiwi
The way I ride, my *** won't even touch the seat WWOOOOOOOOOO!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Well it's been nice,.....I guess it's off to the Yamaha forum for you......keep your chin up it's not all bad.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider

I might have to start a new forum called no quad. I went to the guy who was too sell me his 450 and he sold it two days earlier without telling me. I went to Yamaha and with a credit score of 668 was turned down??
So I am going to my Credit Union today to see what I can do.
I don't get it. Any of you got any finacial smarts? I need to know how to improve my score. It seems they don't look twice at the good things you've done. I am never late on a payment for anything. I bought my credit report from freecreditreport and it shows a $500 debt to Sprint from 2001. I had told them to jam that bill up their @@@ because I was being falsely charged. Well now I feel it in my own @@@.
It seems that such a low debt wouldn't make my score that low. Somebody told me I don't have enough debt. That you need to up to your neck in credit cards to get a good score.
I got a secure credit card but am told it has no bearing on my score, unless I am late on a payment. How screwed up is that??

Old 02-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mudnuri,

A 668 is good credit. That is like a B+. The credit score isn't the problem. What hurts borrowing ability more than anything is unsecured debt ratio. If you have $5,000 credit card and you owe $4,000 on it and you have no other open lines of credit, your unsecured debt ratio is 80%. The solution is to open another credit card or get them to raise your limit on that one. The other thing is income to debt ratio. Lets say you make (X) number of dollars. They will loan you (Y) amount minus any other liabilities. If you have a truck and a motorcycle and a credit card and they already add almost up to (Y), if the new quad pushes you over the top, you will get declined.

Disposable cashflow is another factor. You know what payment you can afford to make but the lender decides whether you can pay it or not.

The other thing could be that the particular finance company they wer going through has a minimum credit score threshold of like 700 and they don't offer alternatives like a slightly higher interest rate for those that don't qualify. If that is the case, the salesman is an idiot!

Make sure your unsecured debt ratio is under 50%, get pre-approved with a credit union that likes ATV's (mine hates them so 19%. I don't think so!)

I won't even comment on what happens when you tell a creditor to screw off.... You figured that out already. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Just some thoughts

Ron

Quick Reply: Well guys, she's gone