CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ODP 730 kit or HRP 730 kit ? ? ? which is better

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ODP 730 kit or HRP 730 kit ? ? ? which is better

I keep trying to compair the two kits and don't really see much of a difference.
I figure If I am going to spend the money I may as well get cams and larger valves to.... I am leaning toward HPR but the ODP stuff has worked really well for me thus far ?
Curious as you your opnion ... come on now every one's got one now don't they ?
But which way to go ? ... Sorry but I guess this is a two part question
Does one kit provide any more over all performance than the other ?
Does one kit come with better pricing and or support than the other?

I got money in my pocket just a burning a hole .... but only want to do it once...

Old 03-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

I dont believe there is an ODP 730 kit. The only 730 kit I am aware of for ODP is the HPR 730 kit - he is a dealer for them.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

...That would make the choice pretty damn simple then! hahahaha! I ride with Sandaholic who has the 730 kit and he is quite happy with it. Couple it with a good carburetor or EFI and you should be just as happy.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Trailblazer

There are four ways to get your 730 ; send me your engine, your build specs, and your money [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], and I will hand deliver to C.G. Performance who will build your engine using H.P.R. parts- this is the O.D.P. 730 kit. You can order H.P.R. parts from us and build yourself. You can order parts from H.P.R. and build yourself. You can send H.P.R. your engine, your build specs, and your money. For us left coast guys shipping is cheaper to O.D.P. than to Kentucky and depending on the work load at H.P.R. our turn-around time may be faster. We communicate well and work closely with H.P.R., they are our friends[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Whatever way you go, if you let it breathe properly (carb, intake, head, cams, valves) select the compression for your needs, and proper exhaust, you will be extremley pleased with the broad power and torque curve of the H.P.R. 730. Let me know if we may be of assistance, ron@on-dunes.com

Old 03-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Chris,
Look it's the tree hugger that showed up in the F450 with a nice enclosed trailer, DS's , Oysters and the Famed Apple Pie LMFAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I seen you post telling the story of Ron's arrival do DS Days 04' . that was pretty funny stuff of course if I recall correctly we were sitting and drinking a beer (or Pina Colada in your case) next to a horse trailer...prolly pretty funny on his part to. So you bringing oysters to DS Days this year Ron...those things were good.

Tom

Old 03-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

definitely go with the ODP- they're cheaper!!

Old 03-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 222
definitely go with the ODP- they're cheaper!!

Not cheaper. . . Less Expensive [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Tom,

I doubt I was drinking any mixed drinks out at the dunes, though whatever it was I know it wasn't beer. (Can't stand it!) I do remember when we first saw Ron drive up; I thought maybe he was gonna plow out of his truck (which I guess didn't fit the mold) with an army of protesters or something. Good thing he came out with Oysters & Apple Pie instead, phew what a relief.

I heard a saying once that I keep in mind with my own business:

A cheap job is not good, a Good job is not cheap.