CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

valve ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 05:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default valve ?

the motor is a hpr 730 with hpr4 drag cams with the oversized porting. hpr put the rings on the piston did the valves and everything. all i had to do was basicaly just bolt it together. the motor was completed right before 4sw at glamis. i reckon i will just ship the whole thing back so they can figure it out.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default valve ?

Yep, On dunes pictures look a lot better than ones on this site for some reason.
That looks pretty funky. Is that your nitrous bike? Looks like a hand grenade made it into a 2 stroke.
Vendors like nitrous I bet.

Here's another oil anomolie associated with high mileage rotax 650 engine, or maybe nitrous engines, that would require several engine bearings replaced:

http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/CounterBala...FailureFAQ.htm

If you go to the expense of tearing that baby down again, think about roller crank bearings along with the recommended bearings above .
Maybe this is your second chance to do it right, with free labor. Make the best of it, and do your own research with expert guidance from Hightower.
Needless to say Big Guy, good luck.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default valve ?

nope not the nitrous bike, that on is still up and running. i am gonna go out there this morning and pull the cylinder and piston out. and see whats up with that.

Old 03-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default valve ?

everything is apart and to me the cylinder and piston look good the rings were still staggered. im gonna box it all up and send it to hpr in the morning. im a farmer not a mechanic

Old 03-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default valve ?

well the pig is on the way to the hpr hospital, it should be there by friday and should have some info on the diagnosis by monday. and thanks bigdaddy331 for your patience with me the other morning. I apreciated the help

Old 03-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default valve ?

Could he be leaking through the Valve seal on the exhaust? I had this kind of buildup on my 2 stroke before it was dirt getting in the motor.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default valve ?

bigdaddy iliminated the valve guide and said it was more than likely the valve seal. 222 said it could possibly be ring wash becouse when i took there drag pipe off i did not rejet the bike. like i said im a farmer not a mechanic, well maybe a little okie mechanics duct tape and baling wire

Old 03-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default valve ?

Duct Tape, Bailing Wire, a Makita Cordless, and Zip Ties, and JB weld....if ya cant use these items to fix it, it cant be fixed!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default valve ?

Think it's a seal, because it's localized to one vavle. IN my world, that points to a seal. But I'm sure that the HPR boys will find the problem.

EDIT::::::
I have to publicly come out and say that I bobbled this one. 2big called me in the morning and I was flat on my back in bed from a date with the wife the night before.

I was not very detailed or awake in my explation of a few simple tests that could have been performed to help identify the problem. I've offered to pay for all the shipping and test it myself and send it back. I feel real stupid right now. I really just wasn't awake enough to start hammering through the problem.

I realized my mistake after posting about the seal and remembering the test I had him do. What a moron I am.

Sorry 2big.

I still think it's one of two things, because it is so localized to one vavle. That will be for HPR to figure out and something that they can talk about if needed.

Less anyone think that this shouldn't happen. In the world of big league motors and cutting edge stuff. Things are not always perfect. Just a short year or two ago, a simple over bore cylinder with sleeve was causing havic in our little world. Shim under buckets started to be used because the bigger and more radical cams were throwing shims. This head is no simple cup of tea. It's a monster and they have their own quirks. HPR will see that everything is tip top. Just realize that if everything was perfect in the world, after market companies would not exist. Everything would be perfect from the factory. Everything would have more than enough power for every circumstance and nobody would want for anything. This is the game each of us play. Pals with Turbo DS's are going through a turbo every other time out. Many are on their third of fourth set of cams. Mario has had more motors, cams, bores, heads than any three of us should ever have.

Crap, I don't even have a motor at this point!

Hand in there 2Big

Old 03-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default valve ?

just wanted to get my edit to the top.

Again, Sorry 2Big

Quick Reply: valve ?