CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Uh Oh

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uh Oh

I was cleaning the rear shock bolt grime and old grease tonite.I could not get it to
clear due to the rezzy connection.I decided to loosen the bolt a little to rotate the hose.
When i did some oil leaked out.Not much but enough to run down the swingarm and
put a small puddle on the floor.My ?s are.What have i done.How will it affect the shock
How much loss is to much.And finally if i did do damage what will it cost to fix.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Uh Oh

The rear shock is nitrogen gas charged you need another charge, so you might as well replace the oli in the shock also, its a basic service that dealers can do and recharging your shock is no biggie, if they dont there are large amount of shock service companies across the US.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Uh Oh

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
The rear shock is nitrogen gas charged you need another charge, so you might as well replace the oli in the shock also, its a basic service that dealers can do and recharging your shock is no biggie, if they dont there are large amount of shock service companies across the US.
ERBIE,

You referred to this as a basic service. In your experience, what would a typical price range be for this service on a DS stock rear shock? Mine is in need of charge as well and I have never heard a solid number.

Thanks,

Ron

Old 03-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Uh Oh

I dont know any more?, my machinest that works for me have bought some of the tools required and he went to Race Tech to learn to service shocks, since he owns the tools I just buy the seals or the rebuild kit or the re-valving kit which is needed for the shock or shocks being serviced, I dont get charged for labor.........but it usally cost me a 30 pack or more of Coors ...........................I love the perks of my job!

Old 03-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Uh Oh

just to simply charge the rezzy with gas, I've had done for $5 to $10, it only takes a second like inflating a tire.

but to refill oil, I dunno, its simply a labor fee plus a little for oil, not all dealerships can do it, proshop scan, and also you can send it to a number of bigname shops like Works.

curious about the pivot bolt not clearing the rezzy connection, the shock had to be fully assembled with rezzy in place prior to install at factory, as it will be again after you get it fixed, and you will have to install it without disturbing the rezzy connection.

Old 03-06-2006, 06:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Uh Oh

I think i need to remove it from the bottom where it attaches to the swing arm first.
Then it will clear at the top.Thanks for the help guys.Looks like ill be making some
calls after work today.