CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Boss System in Town!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Boss System in Town!!

Originally posted by: sandbomber
I dont know how LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Its only a 60ft run anyway

Sandbombers Rigid in action.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

We need to see that baby on a longer run [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Looks and sounds good though

Old 03-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

All smiles here.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
so how does this system work mark? have there been any systems malfunction yet? is it wet or dry? fill me in it sounds kind of easy does it use the same bottles we already have?
Bill,

Wow, its been a long time since I've heard from you. The big plus with this system is that the nitrous is regulated. That means its a constant. With all other systems, the nitrous varies with the bottle pressure. By having a regulated nitrous hit, the HP generated from the kit is constant. This also takes a lot of the guess work out of dialing it in, and once its dialed in, it will remain dailed in unless larger nitrous nozzles are added.

I consider a dry system one that does not add fuel. A full wet system adds fuel and nitrous at the same insertion point. Our system is more of a hybrid, adding fuel and nitrous, but in separate locations. Nitrous added at the back end of the K&N filter, and the extra fuel on the filter side just at the front of the carb. There should be about 3 inches between the two. Its important to notes that a person could buy the Holley NOS foggers and run that with the boss system, but there are safety issues --

Back to work ...

Old 03-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
We need to see that baby on a longer run [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

you will get to see plenty of full 300ft runs in the next few weeks!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] If we can keep a tranny in it LOL

It looks like we will have to duct tape Haps hand to the bars along with the trailer hitch ball Mike lmao

Old 03-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Originally posted by: DragonDJ11

you will get to see plenty of full 300ft runs in the next few weeks!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] If we can keep a tranny in it LOL

It looks like we will have to duct tape Haps hand to the bars along with the trailer hitch ball Mike lmao
That trailer hitch ball comes in handy at 200hp, doesnt it!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

bottle pressure is a real problem unless your at sandmountain nev. and it is 90 out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] what safty features does the boss system have at this point, can we use the other fuel pressure shut of switchs or does boss have this? so there is nozzle sizes to control hp size, how large do they go at this time.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
bottle pressure is a real problem unless your at sandmountain nev. and it is 90 out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] what safty features does the boss system have at this point, can we use the other fuel pressure shut of switchs or does boss have this? so there is nozzle sizes to control hp size, how large do they go at this time.

Safety features:

1) Both fuel and nitrous solinoids are factory wired in one factory sealed box. For quads with batteries, that means only one connection to the quad battery. If that connection fails, both solinoids will quit. In other systems, the components are scattered throughout the quad, which means that connections can fail.

2) If the owner wants to put a arming switch in, it can be done quite easily. There are two places this can be installed - on the push button switch electrical line, or the master power line.

3) The standard kits can push up to 50hp. However, custom kits can be made to push well over 100hp of additional horsepower.

4) The regulation of the nitrous gives it quite a range operation - in most cases, its possible to run from -30 degrees to well over 100 degrees F. No bottle heaters, and the flexibility of placing your bottle anywhere.

5) Since the nitrous is constant, the only tuning thats required is the fuel. Each kit comes with a micro fuel manager. Its simply a small valve that increases or decreases fuel. The best way to tune is to start rich and work your way back to tune. Once tuned, it will stay in tune unless you add more nitrous.

6) Nitrous shots are done in two ways. Either through the filter via a filter nozzle or through the rubber air tube via a 90 degree nozzle. It just depends on which type works better for you. The size of the shot is dependant on the size of the hole in the nozzle.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

so did i understand right, there is a fuel safety switch for the boss system? people seem to think nitrous is the problem but its the lack of fuel that hurts things. thanks for taking the time to explain this system.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Bill,

Most people consider a hobbs switch if the fuel pressure fails for the other systems. If you think about the smart box (both fuel solinoids wired together at the factory in a factory sealed box) then the need for one is pretty much eliminated. Actually most of the problems are lack of fuel, but not from the solinoid or the fuel pump wireing, but rather from mis-tuning and bottle over-pressures. This kit consideres both issues and addresses them. By the way, the fuel pump wiring is also hardened from the factory.

I took mine out at Sandlake last weekend. I used to run the 20shot of Boonies. Ran the 15 shot of BOSS and it felt more powerfull than the Boonies 15.

Quick Reply: New Boss System in Town!!