CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Genoa Spring Jamboree

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genoa Spring Jamboree

LOL. thats the thing NO i havnt. next weeks project[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

out here in cali we were suposed to have the avenal sand drags this weekend but due to excesive rain they have been resceduled may17 i do believe. anyway you pay a fee to run your bike and the winner gets a 70 30 split with guarenteed money back. a trophy or ribon to me is kinda useless, they are gonna sit out in everyones view for 2 weeks then it will be moved to a back room where it gathers more dust, then you build a shelf in your garage to display it where itreally gets dusty and then before you know it its headed for the trash. everyone wants to win something well maybe the winner should get a free video of the event personalized with your name in the credits that way you actualy have something to admire and share the experience with everyone. sure i can go out and tell everyone i won the race by 10 lengths but theres something about a video thats makes it so much better and worth it. do like they do on the fishing boats make a side pot that pays winners and that pays whomever gets off the tree with the quickest reaction time. just becouse your not the fastest doesn't mean you cant win some money. anyone can run someone down but it takes skill and lots of practice to time your launch with the tree.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Im not sure what trophies cost but they cant be that much. If we all pitch in a little money to get some trophies made we could take matters into our own hands. If enough people would pitch in we could have 1st 2nd and 3rd place trophies in every class.

I dont know just a thought I guess, what do you guys think?

Old 04-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Goodsound
Im not sure what trophies cost but they cant be that much. If we all pitch in a little money to get some trophies made we could take matters into our own hands. If enough people would pitch in we could have 1st 2nd and 3rd place trophies in every class.

I dont know just a thought I guess, what do you guys think?
Oh, lets see....close to $400 for 7 trophies for the Clash....and thats only rewarding 1st place...they get pricey fast.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

I would chip in Goodsound, I think it makes it an actual race if there is at least some kind of award for the winner. Like I say though if trophies are too much we could always do the blue ribon deal or something. I just think in order to call it a race event you have to have something for the winners to take home. without awards of some type its just grudge racing, which there is nothing wrong with, but we do that all the time.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Choose, how big were those trophies. Mabe we could get some small ones or CC1999s idea of ribbons something is better than nothing.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Goodsound
Choose, how big were those trophies. Mabe we could get some small ones or CC1999s idea of ribbons something is better than nothing.
Oh man, these were the nice ones. The small ones were 18" tall. The king of the hill was around 42" tall. If I remember correctly.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

The one that I won at Choose's clash event was a very nice medium size. I did't measure it but I bet it was over a foot tall. He had a realy large King of the hill trophy that I bet cost a pretty penny.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

I just emailed nohva saying how I and others would donate for trophies or ribbons also saying how serious people take racing and how far they will drive to come to a big event. If anybody else would email them to back me up on that we might just get something done.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry, I was typing at the same time choose was. I knew it was more than a foot. It is very nice.

Quick Reply: Genoa Spring Jamboree