CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Genoa Spring Jamboree

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genoa Spring Jamboree

Good job guys, sounds like the DS's are putting the hurt on everyone. Are there going to be any videos posted?

Old 06-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

well i like to say it was fun to meet some forums members shmee, choosetolose, the bom, bad350twin. it was neat to watch the spiderbike and the boms to run they where impressive. also fun for side racing to watch goodsound bike run even with bomberboy on it. now that kid can ride him and choose rode mine in some side racing they lightweight body could make the bike move. one person that rode it not to mention found that a stock swingarm and to hard of a launch it will make you look up on the sky. just to bad i missed.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Range Rover

well it was a good trip all in all! Glad that i went i almost backed out right before we left. Choose n bomb nice to me all you guys your bikes are very impressive![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Cant wait to meet up with you guys again. This weekend really wore me out especially sunday racing all those bikes. lol But cant wait to see yall again![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2006, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Well another jamboree has come and gone but this one will never be forgot. Jeff Ross and Scott Bennet are truly the nicest people I have come to know. The DS nation ruled this weekend we took 1st 2nd and 3rd in every class we raced in except the Two Stroke Outlaw where the caller at the end gave it to 2shoes racing on a true drag frame triple port 7mill banshee. BUT we all sat in my basement and watched the video where Jeff did win the first race and 2shoes won the second but thats racing right. I have to say that Bob (2shoes) is a true class act and I have nothing but respect for him. The video also shows that bomberboy on my bike did beat choose in that first race but Choose did miss a gear. But in the second race Choose got him. It was also fun to watch shmee's self built banshee beat those super duper 4mill dirt works banshee's. Crazypainters bike was down some horsepower but it still ran real good for what it was and it is sure a head turner I mean that thing looks great. Bomerboy is a great rider he made my DS scream. Kane im glad you hung out all weekend even though your bike was under the weather. Nice to see flyinds again. Is it safe to say that ole Kane and Jason are thinkin about coming over to the light side and getting some DS 650's?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyway I guess the only thing more I have to say is BOMBARDIER FIRST!

Old 06-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

Great seeing everybody. We had a great time even though we had a bit of a frustraiting day today, Saturday was a blast. I love the Headworks park. I had several fokes say to us around camp how lucky we are to be so close to the little sahara, But I think you Nebraska fokes are the lucky ones. For what we like to do (RACE) its hard to beat Genoa. With the Water and trails and just awsome flat strechs of sand to race on. I can't say enough about the place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]!!!!! I know we will be back. Considering the luck we were having today I am very happy with second in our class. I am esspecial happy with the overal results for Bomb in general. Not just the 1,2,3 fininsh in our Ute class. There were allot of fast Bombs on the loose today.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks again everyone for the help today and the warm welcome to genoa.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

cc1999 your welcome hear anytime I forgot to mention you in my last post but your utes are awsome I know you were having bad luck today but we all saw you yesterday flat out moving I love to see these sport bikes look over at you passing them by. Those Outlanders are awsome arnt they? Jeff had to pry me off his.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2006, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks again for the use of your tow rope this afternoon Goodsound. I got to thinking on the way home, I should have tried to talk Bomberboy into running my Outy in the main drag event, Jeff's wife is so light, she is really tuff to beat. She flat hauls on that thing. LOL

Old 06-05-2006, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

Well as Goodsound put it.....the Jamboree has come and gone! My weekend went off on a rocky start! I picked up the bottom end and cylinder from the shop.....put the head on and fired the new 720 up for the first time! At idle i was hearing some clatter so i shut her down, called a few people and then figured there was A LOT more knowledge in Genoa than in my garage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

I packed up and headed to the Jamboree.....got there and the BOMBSQUAD was there in open arms! I had Shmee,Crazypainter, and a few others there with tools in hand ready to help a friend out. We got the cover off (I hurried to cover up the TOP SECRET vital organs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]got the repair manual out and we saw the timing was WAY off! We then put it back together right fired it up and a rocker let go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img].

I gave a call to DR. Robertson to see whether it was worth running home and get a replacement rocker arm and was told not without a full diagnosis. I didnt think it was worth a possibility of shelling a new motor to replace it. Even though this was a once in a lifetime weekend to race some of the FASTEST 4 STROKES ON THE PLANET..... i sucked it up stayed in Genoa and had an AWESOME weekend meeting Choosetolose and The bomb. I definitely have serious plans of meeting up with them again!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Lastly i just want to thank Choose and The Bomb for making THE LONG HAUL to our sandbox and putting on a show!!!! You guys are CLASS ACTS as well as your families.....iy was a pleasure! If i was riding a DS....THE BOMB RACING would be my choice, call it a sales pitch if you want but when and if you meet this man, you see that he dont have to run at the mouth, his bikes will definitely do that for him!

Old 06-05-2006, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

I almost forgot.........I will be ready for ya next time CHOOSE![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Had a great time. Meet some great people, to bad I got a slow raptor. Maybe next time it might go a little better.
Thanks to all that make people feel like part of the group.

Quick Reply: Genoa Spring Jamboree