CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!

OK I just joined the forum and I am in need of help. I have a 2000 DS650 and I absolutely love it. I am a teacher with 3 kids and do not have a lot of money for upgrades but I recently put a 15 tooth sprocket on the front and added a K&N. Now I want to run my bike with the air filter box cover off so I can get more power, but when I do it runs lean. I live in Utah and do most of my riding at 5300 feet. Now I have one more explanation. I saw the end covers for sale and figured I could do it myself for cheaper, so this may be ghetto, but I modified the stock pipe myself by taking out the packing, modifying the spark arrestor by cutting a hole around the spot where the stock pipe had the two little pipes coming out and attaching the spark arrestor screen. (I will buy a pipe as soon as I can afford it, but it sounds and runs nice). What I need to know is at my altitude what should I do or what size jets do I run so that I can take the lid off the air filter box and not run so lean. I am assuming that If I do take the lid off and jet I will get a little more HP. If that is not the case please let me know. I appreciate the knowledge available on this forum because I am not mechanically inclined. Thanks again.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!

See the link below, This made a huge difference in my DS.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...d1=carb%20mods

Old 03-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HELP!

qball, I can help you get that running well for our mountain, pm me your number and I'll hook you up.