CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oregon Dune Ride again

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon Dune Ride again

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Thats not entirely true. I still ride two weekends a month. The 700R is never in the shop..........
I don't want to buy a back up bike just so my main bike can go faster........Hold on, I will go get myself a Gf and have her buy a quad so I can have a backup [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Guys I am planning a riding vacation on the Oregon coast the week of April 15th. What would be the best way to spend a week riding the dunes up there? I was thinking like 3 days at Oregon Dunes and 3 at Florence. Where should I camp at each spot and what should I know about riding there. All our quads are paddled, piped and jetted for 5000 ft. So I know about re jetting but how about sound? Do I have to change my HPR endcap? Any info. is appreciated and hopefully some of you will be riding then and we can hook up.
Cam

Old 03-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

You have the HPR end cap, so you are not spark arressted. That would be your big one. Also Dbs cannot exceed 93 there. During that time I would not imagain you would have too big of an issue, but you might. April the 15 16 and more then likely the 17 my crew will be there. That is the third weekend. We usually ride one day in each location...Florence, Winchester Bay, and Coos Bay on Monday morning before we drive home.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Dragon,
Where do you recommend to set up camp at each spot? I have a 25ft. toyhauler and can dry camp if necessary.
Hope to see you there!

Old 03-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

Me and the wife will probably be at Florence on sunday.I will be on my slightly modified Baja and the wife will be on our 690 Raptor.So you are coming all the way from California to ride the dunes here in Oregon?They are worth the trip arent they.I should be getting my HPR piston and cams this week but i will not have them installed in time for this weekend.My Lectron and ported intake will have to do for now.Maybe we will see you out there.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
Me and the wife will probably be at Florence on sunday.I will be on my slightly modified Baja and the wife will be on our 690 Raptor.So you are coming all the way from California to ride the dunes here in Oregon?They are worth the trip arent they.I should be getting my HPR piston and cams this week but i will not have them installed in time for this weekend.My Lectron and ported intake will have to do for now.Maybe we will see you out there.
My crew will be in Florence on Sunday, we park in the first parking lot at the South Jetty. You can't miss us, 3 Black DSs and a big red Ford F350. Yup, we drive 7-8 hours one way everymonth to go ride up there. I love it, it is great and worth every penny it cost us. We go the third weekend of every month.

Cammer, when we have gone camping we usually stay at Jessie Honeyman park. Really nice place there, and for another month or so you can ride out of the park if you stay in the right loop. The KOA down by Spin Reel (Coos Bay) is alright also. After that, the camping part I am not all that good at.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

If we go Sunday we will also park in the top parking area at the south jetty. The latest weather looks pretty good for Sunday.Have fun out there.

Old 03-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Alright, the count down is still going for this weekend, and we are getting closer....Tic toc tic toc, the clock don't go fast enough. I even get to try out my new 22" 10 paddle Extreme Haulers. They have me a little nervouse, the look like they are going to grab hard.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

do you have a set of clutch springs in your machine?

Old 03-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

Nope, no new clutch springs yet. Have not had any clutch sliping issues on any of our rides yet......Had to run outside and knock on some wood [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Oregon Dune Ride again