CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oregon Dune Ride again

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon Dune Ride again

Well I spent the whole week out there breaking in my new rings. What I mean is I ran the chit out of it. I burned almost $200 of race fuel and only found one 1 fourstoke I couldn't beat. The LRD Raptor from the Dirtwheels issue showed up yesterday and he jumped us twice getting 2 lengths off the line and we got back within about 1 length by the top of the hill (350'). My buddy who was piloting jumped the gun on the third race which made for a perfectly even start. He still pulled us by a length out of the hole but we pulled even that run by the top of the hill. The rest of the fourstrokes this weekend were piped and lightly modded YFZ's and Raptors. I had no trouble pulling them by solid margins.

There were 4 Ron Wood DS's that showed yesterday morning. They were really nice guys. I had a distinct advantage with my setup but we ran several times and since I pulled a Ninja and told them I was mostly stock, they were quite disappointed with their builds. I couldn't let them go home feeling that way so I fessed up to my myriad of mods. You should have seen the relief that came over their faces.

Dragon, good to see you man. Wish we could have ridden together more but I had a full plate of family to lead on a ride. Oh, by the way..............I was a little disappointed that I didn't smoke that LRD Raptor. When i read that prostitution of an article dirtwheels did on that thing, I remember saying how I thought my DS would smoke that piece of crap..........didn't go down that way.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

DSNUT.It sounds like you have a real runner.From your description you could have probably taken the Raptor you mentioned given a longer race since you were gaining on him.I ride Florence most of the time and there are a few Raptors there that are very fast particularly one from near where you live that is black and he rides with his son who also rides a black Raptor.Have you ever lined up with them?I am in the process of having my DS built with some HPR parts and i am looking forward to seeing how that all works.I am leaving my DS looking almost totally stock with the exception of an end cap and although not as built as yours it should surprise a few here and there.There are more sleeper quads than there used to be and if you ride Florence watch out for a white yfz.It really hauls.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Well I spent the whole week out there breaking in my new rings. What I mean is I ran the chit out of it. I burned almost $200 of race fuel and only found one 1 fourstoke I couldn't beat. The LRD Raptor from the Dirtwheels issue showed up yesterday and he jumped us twice getting 2 lengths off the line and we got back within about 1 length by the top of the hill (350'). My buddy who was piloting jumped the gun on the third race which made for a perfectly even start. He still pulled us by a length out of the hole but we pulled even that run by the top of the hill. The rest of the fourstrokes this weekend were piped and lightly modded YFZ's and Raptors. I had no trouble pulling them by solid margins.

There were 4 Ron Wood DS's that showed yesterday morning. They were really nice guys. I had a distinct advantage with my setup but we ran several times and since I pulled a Ninja and told them I was mostly stock, they were quite disappointed with their builds. I couldn't let them go home feeling that way so I fessed up to my myriad of mods. You should have seen the relief that came over their faces.

Dragon, good to see you man. Wish we could have ridden together more but I had a full plate of family to lead on a ride. Oh, by the way..............I was a little disappointed that I didn't smoke that LRD Raptor. When i read that prostitution of an article dirtwheels did on that thing, I remember saying how I thought my DS would smoke that piece of crap..........didn't go down that way.

LMAO- Pulled a ninja!!! Thats some funny chit you should have stuck with your story and you would still be laughing about it today.. Hey Ron, I talked with Randall and we are gonna do some upgradeing of the stage 2 to like a hpr stage 2.8879... hehehhe
I only got 52 hp from the dyno friday so we are going to revamp and re dyno...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Perfect time to have that 50hp filter LOL hide the boss under the seat for extreme needs

Old 03-28-2006, 01:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
DSNUT.It sounds like you have a real runner.From your description you could have probably taken the Raptor you mentioned given a longer race since you were gaining on him.I ride Florence most of the time and there are a few Raptors there that are very fast particularly one from near where you live that is black and he rides with his son who also rides a black Raptor.Have you ever lined up with them?I am in the process of having my DS built with some HPR parts and i am looking forward to seeing how that all works.I am leaving my DS looking almost totally stock with the exception of an end cap and although not as built as yours it should surprise a few here and there.There are more sleeper quads than there used to be and if you ride Florence watch out for a white yfz.It really hauls.
I do ride with Dell and Jared McCormick from time to time. Dell's Black Raptor should pull me by 2 to 3 lengths right now on that same hill. He is the fastest Raptor I have ever seen that just runs on race gas and 12:1 compression. He only has a 686 to but seems to be impossible to catch.......

Old 03-28-2006, 01:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Originally posted by: DSNUT

LMAO- Pulled a ninja!!! Thats some funny chit you should have stuck with your story and you would still be laughing about it today.. Hey Ron, I talked with Randall and we are gonna do some upgradeing of the stage 2 to like a hpr stage 2.8879... hehehhe
I only got 52 hp from the dyno friday so we are going to revamp and re dyno...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL, I am immune to your ninja mind tricks grasshopper.........My mind is far to powerful.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My stage 3.5 is soon to ba a full 4.0 when I take this trail head off and put my newly ported racehead back on. Then watch out LRD........

Oh yeah, Glenn I will be ordering an N2O system in a month or two..........

Old 03-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

thats odd dale did have a 690 last time i rode with him.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
thats odd dale did have a 690 last time i rode with him.
Just to make sure we are talking about the same guy, do you mean Dell? I have often wondered if Dell didn't sneak a stroker crank in his bike when the motor went to Poweroll. It just runs too good for a 686. What is a 690?

Old 03-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i've never asked him how to spell his name, pam did tell me she knew his engine so there is something going on, he isn't one to let go first. i don't know where he is at now, i couldn't get him on the short hill last time we raced but the longer one and the flats were good didn't seem good to squeeze then. but i'm sure it's all new now, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i think he was doing some tranny work last i talked to him.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

Wish I could have been there for the whole week. We could not even get close to you with our slow pigs, but it is all still good fun. Glad to hear you had a good time up there. How was the weather, it did not look like it was all that great based on the weather reports I was reading....

Quick Reply: Oregon Dune Ride again