CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash of the Titans...Thoughts and Opinion's....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash of the Titans...Thoughts and Opinion's....

Well it took me a extra day to get my bearings straight and rest up from all the driving, but I finally figured out what I wanted to post about my experience at the Clash of the Titans.....

First off, even though I drove 14hrs down, wrenched for two days on my quad, drove 4hrs back up to the Clash, wrenched some more, had to watch the event and not race, then drive 15hrs home I still had a great time. It's hard to drive all that way, do all that work, and not get to make a pass against some really fast four strokes. But that happens.

As far as the racing goes, it was confusing at times, but from what video I took and watched the Banshee's that were in attendance were sick fast. Some of them had to fight the bike the whole lenght of the track to keep it out of the crowds along the track! As for the four strokes, TheBom was fast....the HPR bike was awesome as well....and Finishline Racing lived up to the hype from last year. Definetly the fastest YFZ450's I have seen live and in person. The controversy in the 4 stroke drag chassis class was interesting.....but like thebom figured....why not run'm again and see if you can get a clear cut winner? The OEM Frame class was fun to watch as well......Dollarbillz has a very fast Raptor....espically since he hasn't shaved the weight like a lot of people do.

The overall experience was great.....it was great to meet 1bigdsrider, overrated, ubetrun, silverbullet, dollarbillz, scholle, onlycr440, choosetolose, thebom, bigscary, txraptor, bob craycraft, and everyone else from the forums that took the time to talk and shake hands with me. It was awesome to put some faces with all the screen names. And I have to tank thebom for filling my rear marvin shaw shock on Saturday night after all the controversy and frustration. I'm sure he was ready to start packing up, and he took the time to help me get my shock dialed in to match the new frame and all so I didn't have to do it later after I got home.

But anyway, it was a great trip even without making one single pass....and I hope to see you guys at possibly Aledo, or Sicily in the fall.....just have to see how the cards fall this summer. Hopefully I'll actually get to travel with Ubet this time instead of getting 200miles apart on the start.

Now as far as

Old 03-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Good post. I as well had a great time. Alot of sick fast bikes and some great looking quads. All the people I met were really cool. Sorry we didnt meet but hey its a short weekend for everything that went on. I wonder how big the Clash will continue to grow. Glad to here good positive stuff so far. Thanks to all who worked and showed up. See ya next time

Old 03-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

BTW, I forgot to add that it was stand up for thebom to ride his own quad. I know a lot of people use the "hired rider" for these big races. But Jeff ran his own machine when it was clear and cut that a lighter "hired rider" would have erased any doubt in the 4 stroke drag class. That needs to be mentioned because thebom isn't the smallest guy at the track. And no, that's not a jab at people who do have hired riders, but it's stand up when you put the money on the table, build the bike, and race it instead of getting someone to do the fun stuff for ya.

I did see your bike Meaner, and I'm sorry I didn't get introduced to you. It was hard to meet everyone when I only got to be at the track for alittle while Friday, and then all day Saturday durning the races. I put in a lot of wrench time and not much relax time, or any race time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Chose may not believe this but I had a pretty good time. I publicly apoligize to him for getting in his face like I did during the races. Im sure he didnt need that. Sorry Chose.

It was a long drive getting there. Drove through a tornado to get there and drove through another one getting home .LOL

Im not gonna comment on all the drama that took place, I'll leave that to others.

Congrats to all the winners. Even to Ashley who beat me out in the open class. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Did anyone even stay long enough to watch the open class? Anyone got any video or pics of it?

QuadBart

Old 03-15-2006, 08:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Quadbart, I do accept your apology and consider you a real man to do this on the open forum instead in some private messages. Yes, I had a lot on my plate that day. But I done the best I thought that I could do with what I had to work with. Sorry for any inconvience that I might have created. I will be the one on the sidelines next time making sure this thing flows as smooth as possible.

Also just to make this known, there have been a number of issues and concerns discussed with the owner of this park and I can assure you that ALL will be addressed before ANY dates are set for the Fall event. I started the Clash of the Titans because Dollarbillz wanted to through a huge get-together to put some names with some faces and to help out a new recreation park that allowed drag racing on a smooth strip of sand. But as of Saturday it got totally out of hand and the main objective of "having fun" was lost. Also to give some of you a little insight of what I personally was up against...I recieved the light/tree at my residence on Wednesday, I was in the big shed on Thursday morning trying to get a mock setup ready to go, it started pouring down rain at noon on Thursday. I personally worked on the light until 10:30pm on Thursday night. Shaun (another guy who was helping) worked on it until early Friday morning. I was back at the park Friday morning back on the light. We got the light sorted out and working properly with a mock setup. Friday night we worked on the actual boxes/batteries/sensore trying to make everything look as professional and portable as possible so that we would not have to run a generator as it was hard enough to hear with all the bikes running around anyway. I was back at the park at 7am on Saturday morning waiting on the tractor driver who runs the big green tractor to arrive so that we could widen the track and setup the light/tree. He arrived at 9am and we got started. The tree was setup and ready to go by 11:30. At 12noon we were suppose to have the drivers meeting but made a decision to push it back to 2pm due to the fact that traffic was backed up outside the gate for 1.5 miles and we agreed that there was people in line who was probably wanting to participate in the race. In the mean time, we continued to work on the tree but with no avail we decided we better get started or we wouldnt get finished. I cant thank my wife, THEBOM'S wife and THEBOM enough for getting the sign-in ready and also helping out with the questions that the racers posed at the sign-in table. So we got everybody signed in at the big shed and everybody was told that we were going to have the drivers meeting in the big shed after everyone signed in. But of course after they recieved their number, they go on their bikes and headed back to the track. So we made a decision to just have the drivers meeting at the track instead. I got trackside and decided to let FINISHLINE and others make a few passes on the groomed track since they had not run their bikes yet. We let quite a few racers make some passes, then shut down the track and had the meeting. After the meeting we started running the Utility Class and there were a number of people approaching me with questions that were NEVER asked during the meeting. We addressed them as best we could. So with that said, Im out of the spotlight on the coordination/officiating at any future events. I will do my best to promote this everywhere I go and we will see how the cards fall in the coming weeks when we start addressing these concerns. I just want to say to all who came and made it possible, THANK YOU! I also hope that you will really reconsider about returning to the next Clash of the Titans because I can assure you it will be a blowout without a doubt.

Sincerly,
Scott Bennett

Old 03-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

Scott, you guys did one hell of a job. You were working you butt off. I wouldn't have been able to even race if I was having to do everything you were doing. I was in the shed late Thursday night and I saw them working hard on the tree. Really Scott I don't think ya'll had a chance of getting the sensors to work with the high winds we had all day Saturday.

I did complain to many people there before the races. That was wrong of me. I am very sorry. Mostly it was the lack of sleep that had me grumpy. But once the races started, everything when smooth as silk.

Next time the lights will be fully working and all the starting line arguements will be eliminated by that.

Let me know if I can help with the track in any way. I am a local.

OverRaTeD

Old 03-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
BTW, I forgot to add that it was stand up for thebom to ride his own quad. I know a lot of people use the "hired rider" for these big races. But Jeff ran his own machine when it was clear and cut that a lighter "hired rider" would have erased any doubt in the 4 stroke drag class. That needs to be mentioned because thebom isn't the smallest guy at the track. And no, that's not a jab at people who do have hired riders, but it's stand up when you put the money on the table, build the bike, and race it instead of getting someone to do the fun stuff for ya.

I did see your bike Meaner, and I'm sorry I didn't get introduced to you. It was hard to meet everyone when I only got to be at the track for alittle while Friday, and then all day Saturday durning the races. I put in a lot of wrench time and not much relax time, or any race time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I agree 100%.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Ditto...... Im hoping if we ever meet on the track there is two of him on that bike.;Q

Old 03-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

you did a great job choose and it seemed like you stayed busy the whole weekend. i was hoping to see you get out there on fri and sat and run the spider bike just a couple of times just for fun, thats what all of this is for , fun right? it kind of seems like you were to busy to really enjoy yourself. i think from the responce that youve got so for on this forum is that all that hard work you did made for a great weekend for everybody. so thanks!!! and hope to see you and the spiderbike next time.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I'm finally get a chance to sit down and write.

First I want to thank the Lord for a safe and good weekend. All credit goes to him!!

Choose , I know was the hardest working guy in this race. With out him , it would have never happened. To many thing that needed to be seen to and not enough help. It was a pleasure to help and Danita said the same thing. I know it did stress our wifes some and my wife is afraid that some one would think she is byest for me. I know she loves me but, I will tell you now if I was hagging by a rope she would not lie to get me down.

It was good to see everyone and more names than I can remember and forum friends than I can type. All bent over backward to say Hi. Lots of good people.

Congratulations to all the winners. Fast69 w/ 222 , The HPR bike ran very well and deserves all the credit that they have got for the stock frame class win. Dollar and Silverbuillet was super fast as always. If you blink with them , your beat. The Banshees that showed up well what can I say , I didn't even want any of thoughs. Quadbart and DSstroyer good to see you guys again and Gary sorry about the clutch failure. The ute's were flying . I've never see a 4x4 still carring the front wheels at 150ft out. LOL Too cool.

I wish the drag frame 4stroke finals could have been more conclusive. To much debate about things for a trophy and not about who was truly fastest. Thanks 222 for the support in this matter also. Ties should be re ran and you maning up and running me even when it was not your place. You have my respect and others very much for this.

Thanks to all who supported me and pulled for me. Word can't decribe what it means to my family. BIG Thanks to Crag at CPCustoms for a great bike.

On a side note. LOOK OUT PLANET SAND!!! The DS's will be there is force!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Clash of the Titans...Thoughts and Opinion's....