CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

First Impressions on Outlander 800.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Impressions on Outlander 800.

Not that I know of bigdsrider, I was trying to get pricing and availability of the 1288cc heads from sled motor in addition to trying to just get conformation on rather they are direct replacements that can be swapped out with the 800 cc heads. But so far BRP has been zero help on even conferming they will fit. So right now the only thing I know for sure that can be done is the Boss Noss kit.

I herd Fundy maybe going to come up with something but as of a few weeks ago they had nothing yet as far as BB kits go.

I found out just a few minuts ago that the HMF pipe that I have on my regular Outy will not fit according to HMF. So the exhaust is going to have to be custom made so it would seem. I thought all I needed was the pipe this time since the Gen III Dobeck box that comes in the Boss Noss Kit will take the place of the Dobeck box HMF sells.

I am going to try and put at least a little bit of time on the motor before we set up the Nos. I figure I can get 4-5 hours on it this weekend and put it in the shop next week so my guys can get started.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that's just wrong but I can't wait to see it. If you could get the big sled heads for it that would be awesome. If it all gets lined out I honestly feel it could compete in the stock chasis 4 stroke class at this fall clash. Looks like you'll have it 1,2,3 in the utility class.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Well the motor is looking more and more like a dream, rather than a possability since I keep searching the web and asking fokes for intell and info on who to contact but nothing seems to be working. The only thing is that it will be very strong just with the NOs anyway. The machine is speced at 50#'s heavier than the std model but the whole thing the way it is built with all the added length all located behind the rider it shoud be about like any other extended race machine just so happpens it came from the factory this way. My guys at Inmotions are just going to custome make the exhaust using one of there race quad cans and just adapting what ever is needed to make it fit my machine. They figured they would be able to get at least the same 4 hp we got out of the HMF setup on my other Outy. Sample pic of there pipes
I will be useing one of there longer cans than pictured but you can kinda get the idea.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Well I found a little more info on the motor to night that might be at least a step in the right direction as far as the conformation I was looking for that the sleds are useing the same motors. It would seem that BRP is bringing one of the Euro 4-tech v-twin sleds to the states as an 07 model here is a quote that at least confirms they are sharing the motor.
Many snowmobilers want the added benefits of a four-stroke engine in their snowmobile – outstanding fuel economy, signature sound and longevity. For these riders is the Rotax 4-TEC V-800 engine.
The 4-TEC V-800 is the same engine at the heart of the highly acclaimed Outlander™ 800H.O. EFI all-terrain vehicle, adapted for snowmobiling. The V-800 gets
Here are the sleds engine specs
V-Twin with 80-degree angle, Liquid-cooled, EFI
Peak Power:
65 hp @ 7,000rpm
Valve train: SOHC,
4-valves per cylinder
Bore: 91mm
Stroke: 61.5mm
Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
Throttle body size:
Single 46mm
Exhaust: Two pipes

http://www.ski-dootechno.com/en/

Old 03-31-2006, 06:17 AM
Trailblazer

I don't know what all the commotion is about on the 800 Outlander. All you have to do is go to Bombardier's website and click on the 800 Outlander and it will tell you there that the engine in this atv is a Rotax engine.
Now let's concentrate on what started this thread.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Lonelyduke, You are absolutly right. I started out just trying to provide proof the motor was a Rotax to another forum member and I ended up getting off on a whole nother topic and kinda hyjacking this thread. I appologise to those that were not enterested in all this performance stuff and I have cut and past must of this info over on to a new thread that is more specific to my project
New thread about my 1000-1288cc project

As for the original topic here, IMO the Outy 800 is the best quad I have ever been on!!!!