CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006 | 11:00 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP!!!!

dude? you did the gear ratio with my 15 up front and stock rear sprocket? you are right that is ugly!!! so will the stock gearing be ok for tthose bigger tires on the trail since that is what i run mostly

Old 03-21-2006 | 11:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I run kenda vipers on my bikes on hard pack and they don't care about the weight either NO TIRE AND I MEAN NO TIRE WILL OUTDO THE KENDA VIPER IN TAKE OFF ON HARD PACK And its a boat anchore.

Old 03-21-2006 | 11:06 AM
|
Pro Rider

these tires are brand new, first ride on them during these races. i love the traction. they are great. so the tires are staying. i just want to know if i should go back to the 16 tooth front sprocket with those tires?

Old 03-21-2006 | 11:21 AM
|
Pro Rider

does anyone know if my clutch could be slipping with my set up. it dont feel anything that would lead me to believe this but i was wondering?

Old 03-21-2006 | 11:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think you will be just fine with the 16tooth on the front. Afterall I dont take all the long to swap it out and just see for yourself. Keep us posted. Also how old is the clutch?

Old 03-21-2006 | 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

The clutch is the first thing I would look at. I up grade the clutch when I just put a pipe on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You will see a difference.

Old 03-21-2006 | 11:30 AM
|
Pro Rider

i bought my bike a few years ago and have never changed out the clutch? the previous owner did not really take care of the ds which leads me to velieve it is the original. my ds is a 2000. would a new clutch bite better? like i said there is nothing obvious in the way of clutch slippage but maybe under drag situations and full throttle there is a little slipping going on?

Old 03-21-2006 | 11:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: THEBOM
The clutch is the first thing I would look at. I up grade the clutch when I just put a pipe on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You will see a difference.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2006 | 11:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I would agree with The Bom but on a side note i run 130+ hp on the stock clutch and with proper adjusting and attention the stock clutch is a monster. i have been replacing it every 30 passes and im seeing no real wear. its cheap throw a new one on for GODS SAKE LETS GET THIS THING STRAIGHTENED OUT AND GO KICK SOME RAPPY BUTT. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2006 | 11:43 AM
|
Pro Rider

alright, where do i get a new clutch for my 00 ds at a good price.? and if i am gonna do this do i need a flywheel puller tool. also should i replace the springs to stiffer ones while it is apart? i plan on having a cdi and carb before east coast ds-days in july so i want to not have to mess with the cluch til after that.