CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Shocked on Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocked on Shocks?

Ok if each company valves aftermarket shocks for your riding then who seems to have the best shocks out there, Im needing some rebuildables.
Checked out TCS, Works, Elka, Fox , King...ect.

Old 03-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

just call on dunes the marvins are cheap.

Old 03-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Works, is in Anaheim and I think TCS is in So Cal as well (could be wrong on that)... I see your in Riverside, so for ease of shipping and customer service I would look at something local. Elka is Canadian and I've heard that shipping through customs is a biotch. I haven't heard anything about Fox, other than I think the floats look cool (and light), and King puts out some of the sweetest buggy shocks I've seen... mucho $$$$$. I think for rebuilds I would go with Works. I've talked to them about the rebuilds and they are really good folks. My 2c's

Old 03-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

Check out the Marvin Shaws...... Great people to deal with and a very good shock.

http://www.marvinshawshocks.com

Old 03-29-2006, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

I've seen some adds for those Marvin Shaws... are those duning/mx shocks or are they strickly lightweight for dragging.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Works seems to be the bang for the buck, I can get from Alba for 365, and an up grade later with Rezzies or new compression rezzies, thats also valved for my type of riding with springs.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am going to Fox Floats in the front. They seem to be holding up better than air shocks of the past. I have access to them for about $600 for the pair which is quite reasonable in the aftermarket shock world.
If for no other reason they are worth the money for the weight savings. The only shocks that are as light or lighter are the Marvin Shaws and they aren't very good for duning and jumping..........so I hear.

I have heard good things about Works shocks though. They are by far the most affordable and they are almost as good as the OEM shocks.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

"Let Marvin Shaw Shock You", [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

Well after doing research I found out that most shock MFG use works parts, my LT500 PEP are works bodys with the internals done by PEP, I spoke to TCS, and he said he gets some parts from them, the best thing so far I found with Works is getting parts, and since us big guys need some better shocks for our type of riding.
Another thing I liked was you can upgrade as you go along, since the stocker are good shocks, and dont have rezzies Im not to worried about having them right away, and can up grade to rezzies with compression adjustment on a later date.
Again Im fortunate to have a friend who re-builds shocks and has all the tools to do oil changes and gas charges them, But he dosent Valve them.
Again I was looking to up grade the toy, but at 900 bucks for shocks is insane for play time riding, if racing is yoru game I can see where the high dollar setup can help.
(my Soap Box and a nickels worth)

Old 03-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
just call on dunes the marvins are cheap.
I always thought the Marvin Shaws were more of a light weight drag/strut than an all out trail shock. They just look like they were designed for a different pupose. Has anyone compared them to the likes of TCS, Works, Elka, etc. How do they hold up in the whoops or on trails?

Quick Reply: Shocked on Shocks?