CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Turbo banshee Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 06:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo banshee Video

Ok brokeback beech, Back to the topic I said.

So werent we talking about chainsaw motors with forced induction..... carry on...lmfao

Old 03-31-2006, 06:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Ok brokeback beech

LMAO!!!!!! Now thats funny

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

As he looks unto the sky's and clasp his hands in prayer.( Oh lord forgive mario for them there butt liker jokes and such he knows not what he dose and while your at it throw in a tad of forgivenees for me too cause that thar is some of the funniest shiit ive heard in awhile.Well thanks for listening lord) now where my paper towel so i can clean my screen.LOL. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

"no, lol it was a lubricated turbo, but they were spinning it too fast (lessening that whole "lag" problem) and it was cooking the bearings.

a 350 cub will give you about 90 horsies on gas. a 4mm will give you 105 "

Beech,

One thing that may increase suction on reduced turbo rpm would be to reduce intake opening diameter. Of course it may blow a few head gaskets until the other systems are equalized. Lag and too high of turb rpm sounds like an over capacity of available air flow. The smaller turbo is one way to do it. Another would be reduce intake opening diameter, which may require more to customize, but results may be better with same turbos you have now.

Just a thought.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

I believe the earlier turbos used on 2 strokes were oil filled and had no tank or pressure lubrication. they depended on a few ounces of synthetic oil to keep the bearings from burning up. Im not even sure they had roller bearings in them. the oil got extremely hot and if you ran them more than a pass or two in a row the oil could cook to a near solid. I almost purchased one of these kits for a 1000 arctic cat triple that I mounted in a banshee but after making a days worth of calls decided to just go with a better flowing set of aftermarket big bore cylinders to make power. years ago I had a 1425cc kawasaki funny bike motor mounted in a quad and it had a big turbo and 8 to 1 compression . it had a terrible lag but once it got spooled it was amazing. we used a nitrous fogger system to get the bike off the line and once it made 30psi of boost the nitrous was automatically shut off . I twisted off axels with that bike it left so hard. with the turbo busa bike Im putting together now it uses stock compression which gives you stock busa performance untill boost is made so basicly no lag. the fuel system automatically adds more fuel when more boost is made so after initial tuning ,a lean condition shouldnt be an issue. the injection computer also compensates for air temperature and altitude. thats the only reason I considered putting a turbo on my own machine. this bike will be an all day rider that should also do quite well on the hill but if I want to drag race I will roll my triple out of the moth ball fleet and dust off the cob webs and run it

Old 04-01-2006, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
http://media.putfile.com/turbo-Banshee

Scooby here is some more racing clips of the same turbo banshee. There is 16 total races on this race clip & the turbo banshee lines up 5 times total.

1.) Race #5 - Close race - close maybe loss?
2.) Race #8 - Lined up and didn't race.
3.) Race #11 - Lined up and didn't race.
4.) Race #14 - Close race but win!
5.) Race #15 - Win!

Click for turbo banshee race clips

Old 04-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

What's your point Country Joe? Anything that can do 3.6 second drags ain't going to be 100%, especially if new and in development.
It was remarkable in that a stock frame 2 stroke 350cc did not show any visible smoke at start and was relatively quiet; while racing a fast rail which almost looked like it blew up in smoke at the start and was very loud. It was a good representative max effort( in repetitions ) on both sides, and not a meaningless scratch race(s).

It does show its not invincible 100% of the time, but there will be another one just like it to fill in where he left off. After exploring the banshee engine options for myself personally, it is tempting but not pragmatic since I am not a drag racer. Every now and then I try to look at every tempting engine/model available, but always come back to (THE) rotax engine design. But yet, it would be hard to rationalize that it was not incredible. If it were Ricky Carmichael consistent, then they could almost engrave their name on the trophy before every race. From my limited understanding, this is a new 2 stroke turbo development, a tune up beta test race, and will only get better. Consistent 3.62 second runs is not that bad of a tune-up race showing from where I sit.

Old 04-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: yjacket2001
What's your point Country Joe?

I was just providing Scooby with 5 more race clips of that one turbo banshee. I wasn't sure if he has seen all the video of it. I was just pointing out the results in the video. The other turbo banshee I have no access to any more of it's runs at this time or would post them. It's always nice seeing video of fast ATV's.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

Ok. I really like the videos myself. Even if they are just single angle shots, its better spots than spectaters can usually get at live events. I don't know how they could be any better.

My only concern is a scratch race can almost be said in "race 3, scratch" without video's: which is sometimes used as humiliation for unforeseen technical difficulties by competitors. Drag racing is a tough sport where everyone seems to be a winner for making a good pass, win or lose. Development and continuous improvement is beneficial for all end users.

Thanks for the additional videos!

Old 06-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

I want one...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Turbo banshee Video