CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update

Originally posted by: FatHolly
Originally posted by: OMR
http://willson.cm.utexas.edu/Teaching/Chem353M/Files/PrecisionAccuracy.pdf
Do you have a version written in english? LOL
LMAO![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Would it matter?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2006, 11:58 PM
OMR
Pro Rider
Is Oldmanracing! Also the inventor on the DS650 carb Mod!

Just trying to get the point across, that tight tolerances does not mean parts fit tighter.

Racing or any high precision parts are basically parts made closer to the design, with very little error produced from poor machining practices and workmanship.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just trying to get the point across, that tight tolerances does not mean parts fit tighter.

Racing or any high precision parts are basically parts made closer to the design, with very little error produced from poor machining practices and workmanship.
Thanks OMR. I was poking fun at Fatholly as he is only slightly more literate than I am.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT

Thanks OMR. I was poking fun at Fatholly as he is only slightly more literate than I am.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Point taken OMR... I read the first paragraph and started to get dizzy... at that point I decided to make funny comments.

DSNUT... how dare you assume that I am slightly more literate than you... I revel in my ignorance. I am obviously at just above a fourth grade reading level. My maturity is right at third grade, and I am emotionally fragile. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2006, 01:08 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the lame name calling and insults out of it. I don't feel like babysitting a thread and there's alot of good info in here so keep it civil please.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

hhhhhmmmmm I must be 2 slow 2 get all this smart stuff ?????? I do like to go fast tho!!! does that count?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im not real interested in the installation of a sleeve as I am about the actual boring a re-nikasil work on the OEM cylinders. Can someone tell me how much wall thickness is left after its bored to 105mm?

Old 04-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

probably not enough, ct racing was doing that and they had problems getting the head to seal up. dune me ran a 102 that i think worked well for him.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
probably not enough, ct racing was doing that and they had problems getting the head to seal up. dune me ran a 102 that i think worked well for him.
That is one of my major concerns with the concept. The actual head gasket surface area that is left after the bore. I know my 730 has plenty, would an OEM have enough left to keep compression? My OEM cylinder has nothing bracing the top of the cylinder to keep it in place. I worry about it getting out of round under extreme pressure and load.

I am still watching with an open mind though..............

Old 04-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

DSNUT,

But where as Pami or even TVI can be AL sleeved near the same size, you will drop to about 101.5mm dia approx with AL sleeve. $1900 or near stock size for you, if you screw up. That's why I feel more comfortable with stock, 2 economy race tolerance big bore kits at $460 before an AL sleeve big bore kit put in at $700 that will restore to original bore size. Same with Pami, or AL sleeving a used TVI big bore. If you get an AL insert in your 730, you will have plenty of head gasket surface material you are so worried about. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update