CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

bombusa 4 TURBO PICS! ALMOST DONE

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bombusa 4 TURBO PICS! ALMOST DONE

thanks guys, it really started out with me wanting something faster than what I could buy from the dealer I guess. I have been riding and wrenching one thing or another since I was 12 and have always wanted more performance than was available. I have pumped just about everything I have ever owned , some of which to the point where I ruined them or made them explode every time I took them out . I drag raced motorcyles all through the late 80's and early 90's and also had some very fast custom street bikes. I have owned 3 bike shops including a 9000 square foot all indoors bike wrecking yard . having so many bikes around made all kinds of projects happen that never would have otherwise. with the busa project I was trying to build what was my idea of the ultimate all day rider bike and as you all know the DS has the best and biggest chassis available and the busa was the best motor I could think of. it worked out very well . I actually own my own tool sales bussiness and work only on the weekends. I drive a 40 foot bus conversion RV and pull a 20 ft enclosed trailer full of tools to car shows and automotive related swap meets all over california and nevada. once there we set up a 100ft long display of new and used tools and unload it all using a 2005 yamaha Kodiak atv that has been converted (by me) to a tiny fork lift. anyway, thats what I do and since I only work on the weekends it gives 5 days off in the middle of the week to work on my projects. I dont just work on big stuff . I have several small displacement projects going as well. for instance, I am installing a 1972 suzuki T125stinger motor in a 1973 atc70. the stinger motor is a rare lay down 125cc twin with down draft carbs that actually made 22hp in stock trim . since an atc70's stock motor only made 4 hp it should be a fun little ride once its done. I am setting it up with stinger exhaust and tiny skat trak paddles and it will all be powder coated and a little gem once its done. wont it be funny to see it go right up sand mountain? thats my goal with it anyway. also I am working on a vintage atc90 nickel plated ,chromolly race chassis that I found at a yard sale. its so incredibly light and is 3 inches longer than a stock atc 90 chassis and is even raked a little. I am installing an extremely pumped atc 110 motor a fully ported big valve head and with a new old stock helm and sons stroked crank and an aftermarket aluminum racing cylinder that uses a 4th over 750 honda piston! we had to bore the cases out right to the studs to get the cylinder to fit into the block. it adds up to be 197cc's . it has so much compression that we had to put a steel cable in the pull starter to keep it from breaking the rope. it will be a realy cool and original vintage hot rod trike made from the ultimate race parts from back in the days when three wheelers were all there was . I think it will be fun to let people take it for rides and see what they could do back then.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

oh and the baja bike you are talking about was bombusa 2 and it sold for $14,600 on ebay . it would have gone for more but ebay installed a bid cap of $15,000. if you want to bid more than $14,999 you have to be pre approved. wish they had informed me of this before I listed the bike because just after the auction ended I recieved 4 emails and 3 phone calls from very upset people who said there last minute bids wouldnt go through because the werent pre approved. first I had heard of it and I took it in the shorts because of it

Old 04-10-2006, 02:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Thats incredible.. Maybe I need to send you my sons 125cc pitbike and turn it in to a hillshooter (IF you had time). He likes dirtbikes, So I was gonna stretch it out and pump it up for him, You have any suggestions? I have a spare steel frame to work with. I was thinkin just a long swingarm and 150cc big bore kit.

The atc's sound sick, Good luck turning under power.LMAO!! Wheely all around.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

is this a two wheeler we are talking about and who makes it?

Old 04-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

One of the cleanest swaps I have seen in a long time. Good luck with it and if I ever win the Lottery I am sending you a quad to build for me......

Old 04-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

thats the size of turbo i bought for my car...and i thought it was huge on my car. super clean looks great man

Old 04-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Its a 2 wheeler dirtbike 125cc chinese made copy of the honda motor. It runs strong for what it is, Id say around 10-12 hp. It wheelys in all gears with me on it but I would like to find a good piston for it and check out the port work and see if anything could be cleared up.

I think I am going to look into something else for my son to shoot the hill with. Or maybe get something with an oem honda motor in it. Im sure that the aftermarket parts are compatable with this motor. Do you know of any? I already have a big carb and intake. Ill take it apart and see whats doing.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

How much do you charge for a conversion minus turbo? The quality of the work looks awesome.

Old 04-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Very nice looking ride! You and Major should start a all out conversion company.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

Hey,
Lookin good there Gregg. Just got mine all together as well and went down the road the other day. Whew!! They move don't they. I'll send ya some more pictures soon once its back from powder. Nice work as always,
CB

Quick Reply: bombusa 4 TURBO PICS! ALMOST DONE