CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

bombusa 4 TURBO PICS! ALMOST DONE

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bombusa 4 TURBO PICS! ALMOST DONE

hey hows it going? glad to hear you got it knocked out. mine is up and running now as well and man is it snappy! you touch the throttle and its at the red line. it sounds like a turbo rotary motor . if it will EVER!!!! quit raining here I will go down the road on mine . I love how the tires stretch out like a top fuel dragsters do when they go up in smoke through the first four gears.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

sure would be cool to get all the street bike powered ds's together just to look at each others stuff! its neat how everyone has there own way of doing things and 2 machines that have the same basic parts can be done so differently. thats a large part of what makes it neat for me you coming to ds days?

Old 04-12-2006, 03:59 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Great pics of a great project. I think you're going to need sandrail paddles.
I grew up in a grass seed farm community. In the 70s all the farm kids had ATCs and we'd all drool over the magazines with the custom bikes. Lots of chrome and motor swaps. It's slick somebody is resurecting that style of trike.
I picked up an ATC 70 for my son that still had nipples on the tires, I almost felt guilty letting him ride it.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

Supersonic,
Nice build by the way. I am interested in your turbo add on, very clean. I am trying to build something for my P700. I see you don't have an intercooler is that a problem? I have a lot of questions for you is it possible to call you?

Old 04-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

sure , PM me for my number.

Old 04-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

ANNIHILATER, to be honest, finding hot rod parts for that machine might be difficult unless you know of somewhere? is this a lay down motor or an upright like an xl would be? lay down parts are easy but upright parts I just dont see. some of those chinese copies will have a slightly different bolt pattern for things like the cylinder and head. I can REALLY improve the flow of the head and just by bolting it back on you will see improved top end power . I have many friends locally who are into this honda 50 motocross craze thats going on and they want these things pumped way up. I ported one of those motors last which had a 124cc kit in it year for a friend of mine who works at the local yamaha shop .the thing realy came alive. he and his buddies live locally and they all drag race down my steet and he always wins. I have since done all there heads. he has sent me at least a dozen more customers from the track and from the shop where he works and now Im doing alot of these "super heads" and some little kawasaki 110 heads that I guess they are allowing to race in the honda 50 class . I went to the track where they race and was intoduced to all these fully grown adults who ride these tiny little pumped up honda 50's and about half of them said,"is this the guy who ported my head??" the problem would be that if we ported the head you would start floating valves unless you can find some better springs and while we were in the motor , might as well throw a big cam in it. more compression would help it too. if you can find a big bore kit and a cam and springs and a pipe and carb we can make it run pretty hard. easily double its horsepower , maybe a little more.