CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

More HP through weight loss

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More HP through weight loss

God damnit... I didn't know we were actually starting the ATVC diet plan... I though we were just talkin about it. I'll start tomorrow...(I say that every Sunday). I should really do it though... see you went and made me feel guilty... do you think that Cold Stone ice cream I just ate was on the diet?

Old 04-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

I wish it were cuz I would have it a lot more. I suggest unless you are a hardcore work out freak and nutrition nut, don't do it like i do. I'm eating only 1200 calories if that a day and working out. If you want some supplements and stuff that are good for raising metabloism, etc. let me know and I'll give you my input. A couple important things are to eat 5-6 times a day, with small portions. Also, one of these meals should be within 50mins of waking up. And after you get used to eating 5-6 times a day, cut those portions in half. Your body only truely needs 1500 calories a day.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Monkeyinajar give us some examples of your meals you eat to get 5 or six small meals and only eat 1500 calories a day. I am truley interested but don't know anything about counting calories.
Thanks Tpsycho.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Guys,
You brought up proabbly the #1 biggest priority in my life !
Ya ya ya you may say well just so you know I also walk the walk.. I have lost over 110 lbs over the last 4 years and am currently working on the last 10 lbs or so now hopefully by summer.
I have been On and off various diets tried everything there is (execpt surgery). I won't go there I like to eat to damm much.
I now have more energy than a kid after soda and a candy bar. I eat an ungodly 3400 callories a day (all day long) and can't possiably eat any more !

Why you may say ? well for starters to go Faster than my Raptor riding friend who is on a 80 lb lighter bike up the Dunes but really so I can ride longer in the dunes. See I only get maybe 6 trips out there a Year (Got to make every trip count!) and I also just had a little one my self and want to get out and enjoy life with him. Also had a few back injuries due to weight.
I am telling you after loosing that FAT over the years I feel like a million and I can ride harder, surf longer, and party harder even as I approach 40. Life is good. You just have to want it.
If any one is serious about loosing Fat and still be able to drink a few beers, eat lots of healthy food and feel strong shoot me an e-mail and I would be glad to turn you on to a few great websites.
Speed is an addiction and I want to be just as fast and strong as I can... life is a lot more fun that way...
Later

Old 04-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

Speed is great, just as long as it is the HP caused one, not related to Meth.

Well, for the meals for starters, eat whole wheat and grains as much as possible. Extremely opposite of Atkins. However, doing this causes you to feel full quicker. Take your time as you eat, a large meal should take 30 mins to eat. I stop eating before I even feel full. I then sit around and chat with friends usually that I eat with because they eat large portions. By the time we leave, I am feeling extremely satisfied. I also cut out a lot of red meat, just for the fact that the fat content is so high. And if anyone is curious as to why SD can eat 3400 calories, he sped up his metabolism. This is caused by exercising and adding muscle versus fat. For every pound of muscle you add, you can process over 50 calories more a day. I keep adding the muscle but keep calories low so that I burn even more fat off. Some good sources of info can be found on the web as well as picking up a Mens Health magazine when you go get gas tomorrow.

Meals for me:
1) Small bowl of Oatmeal with raisins. I eat this every morning before I head to class.
2) Half of a sandwhich. Try to stay away from Mayo. Use Mustard: tastes great and basically has nothing in it! Also, whole grain bread. I like a 12 grain myself.
3) Chicken with some sort of pasta or rice. This is a great meal, plenty of protein and carbs to give you more energy. Whole wheat pasta is better, but white will work. Remember, white is simple carbs, thus energy that leaves quickly. Try to stay with complex carbs which give you energy throughout the day.
4) Small salad. Can never go wrong with your greens!
5) Small bowl of chili.

This is usually how my day goes, with variation really. I put greens in often, I love broccoli and peas. For snacks, try some Edamame. You can find it at the grocery store, they are just Soy Beans. High in protein and delicious. Salt them if you need to.

Also, below is a Meal plan from one of my old trainers. This is a congruent meal plan with most nutritionists nation wide and may help those that are just getting started.

1) Lean Protein, Starchy Carb, Simple Carb (dairy or fruit)
2) Lean Protein, Starchy Carb, Simple Carb (dairy or fruit)
3) Lean Protein, Starchy Carb, Fibrous Carb (vegetable/salad)
4) Lean Protein, Starchy Carb, Fibrous Carb (vegetable/salad)
5) Lean Protein, Starchy Carb, Fibrous Carb (vegetable/salad)
6) Lean Protein, Starchy Carb (small serving), Fibrous Carb (vegetable/salad), essential fat

A good way to see how you eat is to actually keep a food journal. I used to do this. If anyone wants any of these charts or plans that I have scanned to them, shoot me a PM.

Next post will include supplements if anyone desires.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have lost about 8lbs so far....down to 156, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about weight if I were you.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

this surgery with no complications will run you around 23,000 . i have seen people get this surgery and only be able to eat maybe 6 saltine crackers a day and when they drank maybe a couple tea spoons of water. man they lost the weight and now they are keeping it off, but at the same time i know another family man / wife got it togetherwithin 5 weeks they both had streched the pouch almost all the way back out . picture this they went from an egg sized pouch to a basketball size one within 5 weeks. insurance told me no way. i dont have high blood presure. bad hips nor bad health so idid not need it. also your bmi has to be like above 40 something plus you have to have a whole bunch of ailments. ask mario about the picture i sent him. 5 years ago i tipped the scale at a whopping 501. i had to go and weigh at the trucking company.. i dont care what anyone says but losing weight is easy. its the keeping it off that kills me. my regular dr. say it is worse fpr me to keep going back and forth like . they said fluctuating up and down like that is more deadly than than just staying fat. i was down to 289 but i always had the shakes like i was not getting enough intake to sustain mt body. needless to say i put 70 lbs back on.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Phil, first let me say to you and anyone who is serious about getting healthy, congratulations in taking the first step. Which is acknowledging the need.

But as a former bodybuilder and one who still works out regularly, I've got to disagree with you on the statemnt that "you only need 1,500 calories a day". I take in roughly 1,000 calories in my post workout meal alone.

Frankly I've lost bodyfat on 3,500 calories a day.

Noticed, I said bodyfat and not weight.

starvation diets waste more muscle than burn fat.

I don't want to start anything here, but I just hate seeing people go on restricted calorie diets.

Guys remember, ALWAYS eat protien in every meal. NEVER eat carbs alone if you are trying to lose bodyfat.

Anway sorry about the rant and good luck to all of you.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

My comment was based off of medical advise stating that the normal person only requires 1500 calories per day. The amount that you can process depends on your metabolism. You, as a power lifter, were able to burn so many calories due to your fast metabolism. I have a fraternity brother that does the same thing. I, am currently cutting everything including a lot of the muscle I have been putting on. My goal is to create more lean muscle. I am working out again and burning my calories quickly. I am beginning to also lift the number of calories I intake. However, I digress. The 1500 calories is all that a normal person needs to function on an average day, this coming from numerous medical doctors. Different people do require different amounts, consult your physician.

Quick Reply: More HP through weight loss