CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

how did the monorails run

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how did the monorails run

im a little slow so is that a 2big2bfast monkey or was that meant to be a monkeys nut

Old 07-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
im a little slow so is that a 2big2bfast monkey or was that meant to be a monkeys nut
He He![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]............Monkeys nut! ROTFLMAO!

Old 07-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

im tired of feeling like a monkey in a basement, where might i be able to see what you are all calling a monorail. websters dictionary said its a snowmobile with front wheals. where can i see a picture?

Old 07-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Remember the page JDsBusa started that had a pic of everyones DS? There is a monorail on that. You can see pictures of it on PS to.

Here it is. It is two of the Klug Racing DS pics.

DS Monorail

Old 07-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

A monorail is a monorail it is probably just as well that you repair the frame yourself. So why your at it go ahead and fix a banshee model to fit the ds check the swing arm alingment and the front a-arm mounts someone crosseyed welded mine. it was off by about a 1/4" which worked into about 1.5" at the spindle
then they compensated buy making one strut longer than the other.Thats why in the only pic's hp did not put up the bike truns sharply to the right when it hooks up hard.But it still leaves the only slightly experianced drag racer setting at the line.And recoop if your moding a frame push the motor 1.5 farther forward [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Very good info AZ. See boys, we do learn something new everyday, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZSAND
A monorail is a monorail it is probably just as well that you repair the frame yourself. So why your at it go ahead and fix a banshee model to fit the ds check the swing arm alingment and the front a-arm mounts someone crosseyed welded mine. it was off by about a 1/4" which worked into about 1.5" at the spindle
then they compensated buy making one strut longer than the other.Thats why in the only pic's hp did not put up the bike truns sharply to the right when it hooks up hard.But it still leaves the only slightly experianced drag racer setting at the line.And recoop if your moding a frame push the motor 1.5 farther forward [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
A monorail is certainly not a monorail. Check the tubing wall thickness and gusseting. The banshee monorail is designed to weigh about 240 lbs and is designed for a 70hp 2-stroke. You setup a DS motor in that thing and it will weigh in between 320 and 340. The DS motor has a very different center of gravity as well. The monorail is a lousy drag frame. It is a great hill frame because of how it dispatches with the whoops but it forces you to run in modified or open class and it isn't very light. You can't get a DS Monorail down to 315 lbs, but we have proof of an OEM chassis at 315. It is a great duner if you don't put too much crap on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]............turbo's, NOS, MSD, FI to the point it weighs in back at close to stock weight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

As far as shifting the motor forward, that is yet another modification required to turn the monorail into something it is not..........a drag frame. This is a duner plain and simple.

Hey AZ, everyone except you agrees that Daves quality of workmanship is as good as it gets. My problem is getting him not to be quite so picky so I can pick up my stuff and use it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Btw, I actually like the banshee monorail better. I just would never put anything but a banshee motor in it. Totally different animal with a similar name[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

was it on jds picture page or what. i cant find it and az does not have a pic. page either for me to look at someone help me out and show me a picture of a monorail.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Remember the page JDsBusa started that had a pic of everyones DS? There is a monorail on that. You can see pictures of it on PS to.

Here it is.

DS Monorail
Check out this link!

Old 07-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: AZSAND
A monorail is certainly not a monorail. Check the tubing wall thickness and gusseting. The banshee monorail is designed to weigh about 240 lbs and is designed for a 70hp 2-stroke. You setup a DS motor in that thing and it will weigh in between 320 and 340. The DS motor has a very different center of gravity as well. The monorail is a lousy drag frame. It is a great hill frame because of how it dispatches with the whoops but it forces you to run in modified or open class and it isn't very light. You can't get a DS Monorail down to 315 lbs, but we have proof of an OEM chassis at 315. It is a great duner if you don't put too much crap on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]............turbo's, NOS, MSD, FI to the point it weighs in back at close to stock weight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

As far as shifting the motor forward, that is yet another modification required to turn the monorail into something it is not..........a drag frame. This is a duner plain and simple.

Hey AZ, everyone except you agrees that Daves quality of workmanship is as good as it gets. My problem is getting him not to be quite so picky so I can pick up my stuff and use it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Btw, I actually like the banshee monorail better. I just would never put anything but a banshee motor in it. Totally different animal with a similar name[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
its only had the ds motor in it for two weeks its right at 330. we never had a problem with it as a banshee. We are moving the motor forward and trying Jims pami in it this weekend. We arent looking to make it a drag bike just hopefully a good hill shooter. Any other tips you have learned Az i be interested in hearing.

Quick Reply: how did the monorails run